How long have you gone without sleep?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

longest i personally stayed up for wityh no sleep was 58 hours. my uncle had bought a new pc and it had this new operating system on it that i hadn't seen before. it had just come out and i had read some interesting stuff on it so i decided to help him set it up and break it in. it was windows 95. after i left his place i stopped after going a 3/4 mile. pulled the car over and crashed. just couldn't keep my eyes open doing something as boring as driving.

if you do go through with that stunt, DO NOT DRIVE A VEHICLE. you will most likely kill yourself by falling asleep at the wheel. for staying awake i prefer straight coke at room temperature. that way you can drink it faster. gives you some caffeine and gets your blood sugar up. and once you're past 4 hours and 3 or 4 two liter bottles you will have to get up every 10 or 15 minutes to take a leak, that should help keeping awake.

i've done 5 days awake, but do not recommend it at all; after the third day comes hallucinations, vertigo & some weird kind of schizophrenia develops on the 4th day.

That was years ago when i was young & immortal. These days it would be possible to do 5 days Asleep..  hhehehe  :cool:

-JxL

i've done 5 days awake, but do not recommend it at all; after the third day comes hallucinations, vertigo & some weird kind of schizophrenia develops on the 4th day.

That was years ago when i was young & immortal. These days it would be possible to do 5 days Asleep..  hhehehe  :cool:

-JxL

Sweet, did you hear voices?

The first twp days are  easy.  ^^^

I forgot to mention richcornucopia that the Vivran seemed to have more kick than the NoDoz back in 1978. It may different now.

And Whiteline Fever is a reality by the way. Do not drive after the first sunrise. It starts getting scary as hell.

i made the mistake when i was young and stupid of driving while sleepless. i was tooling along the highway at 80. a long left turn came up. i kept going straight. i was a passenger in my own body, watching the car go onto the emergency lane, watching the guardrail come closer in the turn, not caring and still not turning. when i had about 10 inches left before i started putting door to guardrail the danger threshhold was reached and i pulled back into my lane. i pulled off at the next exit and slept a few hours.

stay awake as long as you want, BUT STAY AWAY FROM CARS OR ANYTHING THAT RERQUIRES YOUR WITS ABOUT YOU!

Guest PeePs

Bah I was I didn't have a job so I could attempt 5 days awake. I won't even try it while having a job because it would be torture lol....

Sweet, did you hear voices?

yes i heard voices & carried on conversations with myself...a very heavy-duty experience it was  :cool: :cool:

oh yea....colors take on a different hue at about the 4th day...everything is tinted red/pink somewhat..no idea how or why.

-JxL

• 2 weeks later...

I did the 72 hour thing once, just to see what it was like.  I don't remember if i actually hallucinated or not, or if I did, whether it was due to exhaustion or substance abuse, but I do remember that when I finally got to sleep (it seems to get harder to sleep the longer you're awake), I slept for more than 24 hours.  Not a good idea if you're on a schedule.

The longest i have gone is two nights with no sleep, not sure the exact hours.

I think i heard that the record is like nine days? Correct me if i'm wrong. I also think i heard that after eleven days u would probably die from sleep deprivation.

The longest i have gone is two nights with no sleep, not sure the exact hours.

I think i heard that the record is like nine days? Correct me if i'm wrong. I also think i heard that after eleven days u would probably die from sleep deprivation.

11days

OMG i would not survive i can tell u that

Never longer than 36-48 hours... I like to sleep too much to stay awake any longer :-P

That one radio show guy in the 30's or something tried to stay up as long as he could and shortly after he did it on AIR (I think he set a sober reccord at like 5 days or something, during which he hallucinated many, many times... having waking dreams) he ended up basically going crazy.  It was BAD, his wife and family left him and lost his job... he ended up losing everything all because of trying to stay awake and beat the world reccord.  He was just never right in the head after that.  (someone see if you can find information on that, I'm curious to see exact dates and how many days he actually stayed up because I'm sure my facts are a little off)

-D