Dell Power Supply

Wesker

Ok I got a dell E510 computer very nice PentiumD 3.2GHz 2GB DDR2 533MHz ram 160GB hard Drive DVD/CDRW Drive and a crapy ass ATI X600SE Video card was looking to get something like X1600 or high video card but i only got a 305W PSU was looking to get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103937 does anyone know anything about dell computers can i change the power supply ive heard some people say yes some say no anyone really have an idea if i can or not? :?:

that PSU will work with no problem. Dell uses standard power supplys so any standard ATX powersupply will work.

wasnt like that for ever..  I still thing HP/Compaq are putting in those odd shaped ones..

But yes.. the antec will work fine in the dell E510

Anything to get more money on replacement parts :roll:

amen..

i vhave a dead dell here. it's a p3 and i'm not replacing the psu. it requires a dell psu specifically with an additional proprietary connectore to the mobo. :evil:

What model do you have?? are you sure it isnt a 4 pin 12volt deal..  I have an old 500mhz celeron socket not slot sitting around.. if you are interest in the PS let me know.. 

i called dell and talked to a tech that had fixed dells. both said it's a proprietary interface. the psu looks like an ATX but the fan and input are mirror imaged to an actual ATX supply. it's not worth shipping the psu, and i'm just keeping the thing around in case i stumble on an old case/board i can use the cpu/ram in to set up an extra system.

i called dell and talked to a tech that had fixed dells. both said it's a proprietary interface. the psu looks like an ATX but the fan and input are mirror imaged to an actual ATX supply. it's not worth shipping the psu, and i'm just keeping the thing around in case i stumble on an old case/board i can use the cpu/ram in to set up an extra system.

i know exactly what connector your talking about, dell use it for a few years on some computers, it was a very stupid thing to do.

Guest PeePs
wasnt like that for ever..  I still thing HP/Compaq are putting in those odd shaped ones..

Yea last year when I got a new PS and video card for my HP they had to bend part of the back of the case to make the PS fit in.....