CO or RT

emoxandrew

i have have cable now but a couple of days ago this sbc dude was down the street not more than 100ft from my house and i went to talk to him an asked him if i could get dsl and he pointed to the this big box thing and said that they were going to get it runing and then i could get dsl then but is that thing a rt he said there was fiber in it idk but my co in in the town next to me but could i get my line switched to the thing by my house if it is a rt ?

i have have cable now but a couple of days ago this sbc dude was down the street not more than 100ft from my house and i went to talk to him an asked him if i could get dsl and he pointed to the this big box thing and said that they were going to get it runing and then i could get dsl then but is that thing a rt he said there was fiber in it idk but my co in in the town next to me but could i get my line switched to the thing by my house if it is a rt ?

most likely its not a RT, its probally just a switch for the phone lines in your neighborhood.

emoxandrew ;If you check this topic there are pictures of the route a phone line takes to the CO.DSL should take the same route.I didn't post a pic of an RT but I will see if I can find one.I guess you could ask whatever ISP you plan to get DSL from the exact route & what equipment it will run through.

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=12373.msg123451#msg123451