how u rockd ur independence day????

karthic

well tommie...i don't care where u got it...a little here a little there a little outta ur head...it was still great reading...and i'm sure a learning experience for many...

i had no idea that american history could be mistaught in other countries...and if they are misguiding they're kids about us...are we misguiding our kids about them?? wow this could be quite a can of worms...propaganda i believe is what this used to be called

Hi tdawnaz . for me in the UK maybe not misstaught , but just plain ignored,

I think we were still sulking 300years on  :whaa:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had no idea that american history could be mistaught in other countries...and if they are misguiding they're kids about us...are we misguiding our kids about them?? wow this could be quite a can of worms...propaganda i believe is what this used to be called

It is going on right now. About the war in Iraq, most people have no real idea what is going on. The media lies, and that is what most Americans believe. And tell and teach their kids. They make us out to be bullies, and the people their do not really feel that way. I could go on, but the MEDIA LIES. Plain and simple! Some of the truths are in the patriotism thread, we are much nicer than the Media would have is believe. If you want the truth, ask a soldier that has been there. I know a few.  :D

It is going on right now. About the war in Iraq, most people have no real idea what is going on. The media lies, and that is what most Americans believe. And tell and teach their kids. They make us out to be bullies, and the people their do not really feel that way. I could go on, but the MEDIA LIES. Plain and simple! Some of the truths are in the patriotism thread, we are much nicer than the Media would have is believe. If you want the truth, ask a soldier that has been there. I know a few.  :D

im with you on that one, the media lies compleatly, if you are actually over there its ten time different then what the media says it is.

hi

i just want to add some info in this

my history teacher here in India taught me that "america was never invaded by anyone and that people of various countries migrated to america for their living and thus the US was formed"

i remember her somewhat saying like this and so US history is mistaught here may be for her(my history teacher) itself in her college!!!!!!!!

hi

i just want to add some info in this

my history teacher here in India taught me that "america was never invaded by anyone and that people of various countries migrated to america for their living and thus the US was formed"

i remember her somewhat saying like this and so US history is mistaught here may be for her(my history teacher) itself in her college!!!!!!!!

OK, not to sound mean or contradictory. But we were not invaded. It was a revolutionary war. I guess the US is the only one that comes up as a definition.

The War of Independence, 1775-1783, fought by the American colonies against Great Britain.

usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/oal/gloss.htm

The American Revolutionary War (1775

OK, not to sound mean or contradictory. But we were not invaded. It was a revolutionary war. I guess the US is the only one that comes up as a definition.

The War of Independence, 1775-1783, fought by the American colonies against Great Britain.

usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/oal/gloss.htm

The American Revolutionary War (1775

Here is a little bit more.

The war was the culmination of the American Revolution, a colonial struggle against political and economic policies of the British Empire. The war eventually widened far beyond British North America; many Native Americans also fought on both sides of the conflict.

Throughout the war, the British were able to use their naval superiority to capture and occupy coastal cities, but control of the countryside (where most of the population lived) largely eluded them. After an American victory at Saratoga in 1777, France, Spain, and the Netherlands entered the war against Great Britain. French involvement proved decisive, with a naval victory in the Chesapeake leading to the surrender of a British army at Yorktown in 1781. The Treaty of Paris in 1783 recognized the independence of the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

Or here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_%28American_Revolution%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Massacre

I just found out that the US went through 2 civil wars. I guess we had a civil war just to decide if we were going to even have a Revolutionary War.

"Colonists were divided over which side to support in the war; in some areas, the struggle was a civil war. The Revolutionaries (also known as "Americans" or "Patriots") had the active support of about 40 to 45 percent of the colonial population. About 15 to 20 percent of the population supported the British Crown during the war, and were known as Loyalists (or Tories). Loyalists fielded perhaps 50,000 men during the war years in support of the British Empire. After the war, some 70,000 Loyalists departed the United States, most going to Canada, Great Britain, or to British colonies in the Caribbean"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

I guess is where it started turning.

"Seeking to coordinate military efforts, the Continental Congress established (on paper) a regular army

OK so make me work a little more dlewis23. Just kidding. I actually find it interesting.  ;)

War of 1812

The War of 1812 is one of the forgotten wars of the United States. The war lasted for over two years, and while it ended much like it started; in stalemate; it was in fact a war that once and for all confirmed American Independence. The offensive actions of the United States failed in every attempt to capture Canada. On the other hand, the British army was successfully stopped when it attempted to capture Baltimore and New Orleans. There were a number of American naval victories in which American vessels proved themselves superior to similarly sized British vessels. These victories coming after victories in the Quasi War (an even more forgotten war) launched American naval traditions.

http://www.historycentral.com/1812/

So we wanted Canada, huh? Maybe I slept through class that day.  ;)

So I guess we beat the Brit's twice, over the same thing. Wee Hee.  :laughing7:

Sorry Roco, it is all meant in fun.  ;)

OK so make me work a little more dlewis23. Just kidding. I actually find it interesting.  ;)

So we wanted Canada, huh? Maybe I slept through class that day.  ;)

So I guess we beat the Brit's twice, over the same thing. Wee Hee.  :laughing7:

Sorry Roco, it is all meant in fun.  ;)

ya we wanted Canada, at least it wasn't Canada then. and we defiantly beat the Brits pertty bad, It was pertty sad for them to loose to a country with really no army.

do u mean that america was colonised?

Thats the answer. The American Indians came over centuries before the white man(so to speak). And we came along and decided to start colonizing it. We bought, fought, stole, and  traded for it. And so forth. And then we bought and brought over black slaves. And then they got their freedom. And now the Mexicans. And so on.  :D

Yeah, America was colonized, and they inherited from the british the need to colonize other territories too. The british prosecuted american revolutionary leaders because they wanted freedom, just like the way the americans prosecute puerto rican independence leaders. I wonder how would american forefathers would feel about that. And by the way, I am glad the americans got their independence, it is a right that all colonized countries should considerate. No offense meant.

just like the way the americans prosecute puerto rican independence leaders. I wonder how would american forefathers would feel about that. And by the way, I am glad the americans got their independence, it is a right that all colonized countries should considerate. No offense meant.

Would you have any links I could look up, as to the prosecution of the puerto rican independence leaders. that you are referring to?