New Lappy

FallowEarth

Since I broke my old laptop, I decided to get a new one.  It ain't nothin special, but it'll do the trick:

Acer Aspire 3000

[*]AMD Sempron 3100+

[*]15.4" TFT LCD

[*]DVD-Dual Drive

[*]512 MB DDR (up to 1024)

[*]80 GB HDD

[*]802.11b/g + NIC
[/html]

All this plus 3 years parts and labour for $750 CND.

pretty much the same laptop i was looking at. i just want something to use for school work and so i dont always have to sit at my desk.

That's exactly the thing.  I used to be all about the desktop, building my own deal and all that.  But once you get used to the laptop, especially with the wireless, you can't go back.  :tongue2:

I just got a new one too... it was a deal I couldn't pass up.

A Dell Latitude D810

• Intel Pentium M 1.86GHz - centrino mobile
  • 15.4" TFT LCD Widescreen display
  • DVD-R+- Optical Drive
  • 1GB DDR 566
  • 80 GB HDD
  • 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon x600
  • 802.11b/g integrated + NIC
  • integrated bluetooth
  • integrated smartcard reader

I love it... it's my favorite new toy, I had to get it.. the guy was selling it for only $650 (USD) -- pretty good for a laptop that sold for $2700 about a year ago. :)

thats a really good laptop there ca3le, and you cant beat the price. have fun with that.  :D

Thanks man.. I sure will.  It's helping me get more stuff done.  It helps me script while I'm doing other stuff instead of being confined to my office.  only thing I don't like about it is that it's kinda big because it's a desktop replacment laptop, it's 7lbs

Fallow, how is your laptop going for you?  How much does yours weight... I bet yours is a couple lbs lighter than mine.  --- What I reeeeeeealy would love to have is a Vaio, they're so nice and small.  But even better I would LOOOOOVE to have one of the new 'ultra-portable' series that they have check out the UX series.  4.5" screen!  And it's powerful for it's size.. check it out ;-)  (drool)

Thanks man.. I sure will.  It's helping me get more stuff done.  It helps me script while I'm doing other stuff instead of being confined to my office.  only thing I don't like about it is that it's kinda big because it's a desktop replacment laptop, it's 7lbs

Fallow, how is your laptop going for you?  How much does yours weight... I bet yours is a couple lbs lighter than mine.  --- What I reeeeeeealy would love to have is a Vaio, they're so nice and small.  But even better I would LOOOOOVE to have one of the new 'ultra-portable' series that they have check out the UX series.  4.5" screen!  And it's powerful for it's size.. check it out ;-)  (drool)

wow 7lbs thats pertty heavey.

the sony laptops are relly nice but they dont come close to the IBM/Lenovo thinkpad X 60 http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/notebooks/thinkpad/x-series/index.html

Fallow, how is your laptop going for you?  How much does yours weight... I bet yours is a couple lbs lighter than mine.  --- What I reeeeeeealy would love to have is a Vaio, they're so nice and small.  But even better I would LOOOOOVE to have one of the new 'ultra-portable' series that they have check out the UX series.  4.5" screen!  And it's powerful for it's size.. check it out ;-)   (drool)

Mine is great!  I'm totally impressed with it, and I love it so much.  I haven't run into a problem yet.  Just been installing different software to see how it handles it.  Also, I was downloading way over cap the other day over wireless, about 40ft and one floor above my router (gotta love that).  I'm bound to format the OEM OS, and do a dual boot XP/Linux.  Just gotta find the time and ambition!

My lappy is still a pretty good size.  I dunno the exact weight, but I don't think 7 lbs.  I would gues 4 or 5 maybe.

BTW that sony is pretty crazy lookin.  Kinda resembles a PSP.

ive seen one of those in person...samsung has one too.....very expensive - id never get it ... plus the keyboard is waaay too small

ive seen one of those in person...samsung has one too.....very expensive - id never get it ... plus the keyboard is waaay too small

yeah most of the time those dont have a standard keyboard by any means..

Not much different than the 12inch powerbook... which i must say.. it pretty useable.. once you get over the size..

sorry about the double post.. :roll: but has anyone tried or used this laptop?

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/148733/rpem/ccd/productDetailSpecification.do#tabs

here is that same notebook for quite a bit cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834115252

i havent used it but it looks like a really good notebook for the price.

Don't like anything about that laptop i have to say

the CPU amd BUUUUUUU

512 of ram, at least 1G man

shared graphics card, that sucks

dont know

but i dont think u will be please with its performance :(

yeah but for $590 you dont get much better then that.

Don't like anything about that laptop i have to say

the CPU amd BUUUUUUU

512 of ram, at least 1G man

shared graphics card, that sucks

dont know

but i dont think u will be please with its performance :(

please just- I dont know anyone who would want to run games on something like that..  I was going to get it so that I had a Linux/Solaris machine to work on..

@ dlewis.. it is $479 at cc.com  that is why i am intrested.. :lol:

please just- I dont know anyone who would want to run games on something like that..  I was going to get it so that I had a Linux/Solaris machine to work on..

@ dlewis.. it is $479 at cc.com  that is why i am intrested.. :lol:

$479 you cant beat that. i would go for it, it would make a great laptop for linux/solaris

500 bucks

300 pounds thats a good bargain for that

sorry my bad

but yeah it sucks but for 500 bucks it doesnt suck as bad hehehehe

i would buy it actually for a laptop to bring to univsersity and stuff

windows and office

not vista HEHEH

xp home edition :)

wow 7lbs thats pertty heavey.

the sony laptops are relly nice but they dont come close to the IBM/Lenovo thinkpad X 60 http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/notebooks/thinkpad/x-series/index.html

Thinkpads are well built and very light... I agree with you there.  Their design is a little dated but it was a good design then and it's a good design now.  I just find it wierd that they use the same case that they've used since like 1997, lol.  I I really can't beleive that they STILL don't have a touchpad!  Those finger sticks they have drive me crazy.

Thinkpads are well built and very light... I agree with you there.  Their design is a little dated but it was a good design then and it's a good design now.  I just find it wierd that they use the same case that they've used since like 1997, lol.  I I really can't beleive that they STILL don't have a touchpad!  Those finger sticks they have drive me crazy.

they have a touchpad ca3le, they have that and the the finger stick. they have had the toughpas since the thinkpad T30 a few years ago. thats why i bought a T30 was becasue of that.