Do you use IE7... do you like it?

CA3LE

Do you like IE7?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like IE7?

• Yes, I love it and currently use it.
    • Yes, but I still use Firefox.
    • No, I've tried it but I still like Firefox!
    • I haven't tried it yet, but I plan on trying it out soon.
    • I haven't tried it yet and don't plan on trying it... I'm a Mozilla user for life!

I just want to get some opinions.  I've been using IE7 for a little while now and I have to say... I love it.  I have been going back and forth between IE and Mozilla since the internet browsers were invented.  For nearly the past two years or more I've been using Firefox but I've given IE a chance again and I've found that Microsoft has done a really good job addressing many issues.  There are a few things that the browser does that I don't agree with but there is ALLOT more security and features that seem adopted from Firefox... and FINALLY tabbed browsing (which I now can't live without).  I also like the innovative layout they've made.  It looks fresh and clean :)  ---- I will take a screenshot and attach to this thread.

- Damon

It's an improvement, but I still prefer Firefox by a long shot...

yeah pretty much.. i am still waiting for MS to "reinvent" the browser.. so far they have just followed whatever is sucessful in FF and transplanted into IE 7..  Maybe a unique IE 7 feature would be good..

ive been using beta 3 ever since it came out, and there are things it in that firefox does better and things that IE does better. One thing i really like about IE is its very fast, actually quite a bit faster then Firefox, and i really like the new layout i think its very good and there is finally extentions. But i still dont fully trust it because activex is still there. and there are no themes, other then that its a very good browser.

What I really don't like about IE is that it changes the way pages are displayed... it messes with the output and displays it the way that it thinks it should look, what if the webmaster who wrote the pages wants it to look that way.. TOO BAD.  I have a couple of design elements that i had to code a special way so that it would look the same in either browser... it just makes me mad that I had to take the extra time to code it when the browser should be doing it's job of displaying what it reads... not reading the page and making changes where it sees fit to, lol.  Yeah, they just don't go 100% to standard, BAH.

But, DAMN this new IE is smooth and looks great... love it!

- Damon

What I really don't like about IE is that it changes the way pages are displayed... it messes with the output and displays it the way that it thinks it should look, what if the webmaster who wrote the pages wants it to look that way.. TOO BAD.  I have a couple of design elements that i had to code a special way so that it would look the same in either browser... it just makes me mad that I had to take the extra time to code it when the browser should be doing it's job of displaying what it reads... not reading the page and making changes where it sees fit to, lol.  Yeah, they just don't go 100% to standard, BAH.

- Damon

im with you on that one ca3le, im having a problem with it right now on my site something works correctly in firefox, but doesnt work at all in IE and it pisses me off.  :angry5:

I've been using it for about a week and I'm loving it. And to you guys having things not display that should, just wondering if you have re-installed or updated some active-x controls. I did that and most everything works now. Still some things that don't but most do.

The first thing I needed to do after IE7 was installed was to remove the default settings for Clear Type, it is intended for users with a LCD monitor and not a CRT. Now the clarity is much better and as for CA3LE's response, isn't there adjustments user's of IE7 can make using the Internet OptionsAdvanced Tab?

TheHalf

I agree with you on the Clear Type, the Half, I hate it even on my LCD.

That is also the first thing I did.

The one main complaint I have with IE7 is that you cannot right click anything from your favorites menu or bar and "open in new tab" or "open in new window" like I can with FF.

Other than that, I like it, it is still beta, so I have a few quirks like most others do.

- Damon

haha cause that would mean that the average joe's website wouldnt look right..  It is all about compensation..

• 3 weeks later...