- Kazaa & KazaaLite

- Direct Connect

- Direct Connect++

Filesystem:

- Scan all files on write

- Scan selected files on open

Web Shield:

- Scan HTTP traffic

I  prefer AVG mostly because I like the way the program works.I tried Avast & for my PC it used more memory.Both kept out the viruses so for that part I guess they are equal.I have used the Kaspersky online scan while using AVG & it never found any virus when I used it so I guess for me the AVG works fine.My only complaint with AVG is when they change to a new version usually the auto update will quite working correctly & I have to DL the new version & uninstall the older one .This fixes the problem.

hi mazza

here is my opinion

if u are using avast for scanning your whole computer then you have to sit before your computer until the full scan is complete coz for every virus detected it will ask you what to do(quarantine or delete)?

but in avg you need not sit coz avg scans and shows off all the viruses and finally once the scan is complete it will ask the user what to do with the viruses?

thus avg is more flexible in operation!

secondly in my comp avast works comparitively slowly to avg in scanning the whole system

so my choice for u is avg!

I  prefer AVG mostly because I like the way the program works.I tried Avast & for my PC it used more memory.Both kept out the viruses so for that part I guess they are equal.I have used the Kaspersky online scan while using AVG & it never found any virus when I used it so I guess for me the AVG works fine.My only complaint with AVG is when they change to a new version usually the auto update will quite working correctly & I have to DL the new version & uninstall the older one .This fixes the problem.

I am with you Cholla on this , AVG for me for the same reasons , but I don't use auto-update, as I have a very low end broadband and don't like things auto'ing in the middle of a download ,