Certification

jamaicarocks

Wuz up,

I have a friend whoose is gonna go through the official payment route but before spending and money,he wants to know if these Certs would equal a Degree or higher

CCNA

A+

Network +

MCSE

MCDBA

Mcp

MCSA 2003

Security+

Plus 5 years of experience

Thank you!

i only really know CCNA out of all those

and i dont know if MCSA stand for microsoft security associate

but that is not bad at all

CCNA is not a massive thing in the network world to get a job

depending how old he is and what sort of job he is looking for i would recomend CCMP

because with CCNA he only can prove he knows the layer 2 swtiching stuff

no routing is thought at all untill u do CCMP

depends what job he wants

Im a CCNA and most of the work we did in training was with routers, not switches......we even setup Frame Relay, ISDN, and other networks.  The only things with did with switches were setup VLans, trunking, and port security.  You have to learn at least the basic router setup and troubleshooting to even hope to pass the CCNA.

Did you mean CCNP just-?  Things have definately changed with Cisco certs now.  They say that the stuff you learn for CCNA now used to be what you learned for CCNP.  All I know is im glad I did it, because it just looks good on a resume.  (Thats about it though for CCNA)

CCNA ----CISCO CERTIFIED NETWOK ASSOCIATE

A+----------BASIC COMPUTER TECHNICIAN SKILLS

Network +---BASIC NETWORK SKILLS

MCSE-------MICROSOFT CERTIFIED

MCDBA-----MICROSOFT CERTIFIED DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR

Mcp----------MICROSOFT CERTIFED PROFESSIONAL

MCSA 2003----MICROSOFT CERTIFIED SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

Security+-----

Plus 5 years of experience

But I guess overall ,y question wasnt answered ...My friend is planning to migrate to the states ,but needs a H1 visa(which will enable him to work over there) There is this Company that makes this process easy but he would need a degree or equivalent.....he can pay to have it evaluated but he'd rather be confident that he wont waste his money so he would like a free opinion FIRST..

Thank you