Dual Monitors

Danny_Boy_69

Ok so i currently have a 21inch monitor and thinking of buying another...

Now do i have to have both set at the same resolution cos i do play a lot of games and have my normal resolution at 1600x1200 so cant really play games at that res

Can i have two applications open on each monitor... for example football manager 2006 on one and another application open on another.....

i thinks that all i wanted to ask.....

If anyone knows any sort of disadvantage no matter how small can u tell me plz

DannyBoy

one monitor is a dual input.... i will have one DVI to DVI and one VGA to VGA....

any disadvantages at all....

one im running one app only will it be stretched across both or can i just have my desktop on one

DannyBoy

it will only be stretched across both displays if you want it to,  you actually have to stretch it.

Another thing to note.. some fullscreen applications (games, etc...) will lock the cursor into their window, so you can't access the other desktop while you're running that program.

Media Center is one that does this and it really irritated me...

Another thing to note.. some fullscreen applications (games, etc...) will lock the cursor into their window, so you can't access the other desktop while you're running that program.

Media Center is one that does this and it really irritated me...

that and some games, especially alot of FPS, they allow the mouse to go over to the other monitor when your in full screen, so if you move the mouse over and click instead of shooting it will minimize the game.

hmmm well let has jus put me off a lil lol..... i run media center as well lol

the only game i though it would be handy for is football manager 2006 because it wont be like i'm clicking everywhere fast paced.... so i wont be clicking on the other screen..... but what i thought i could is have say like IE open in one monitor and FM2006 open in another and move backwards between them both.... will one get minimized or will it still be open on the other monitor....

anythin i should be aware off

Thanx for the input

DannyBoy

hmmm well let has jus put me off a lil lol..... i run media center as well lol

the only game i though it would be handy for is football manager 2006 because it wont be like i'm clicking everywhere fast paced.... so i wont be clicking on the other screen..... but what i thought i could is have say like IE open in one monitor and FM2006 open in another and move backwards between them both.... will one get minimized or will it still be open on the other monitor....

anythin i should be aware off

Thanx for the input

DannyBoy

for FM2006 if your running it in windowed mode it wont get minimized.