Restarts unexpectantly

amc11890

Hey guys,  lately my computer has been restarting at complete random times.  Actually i noticed when i tilt my computer the computer just restarts and there is a file error upon startup.  Im pretty sure this is a heat issue as the computer restarts to protect the computers data but why when the computer tilts?  Also i had to disable my gpu because it was running at 64 C.  I was also thinking my hard drive was overheating because when i disabled my gpu the computer restarted unexpectly again.  Right know i cant wait to get my new computer.  I had to remove my second hard drive to allow for more ventilation and that lowered the temp of the hard drive about 5 degrees but it still restarted again.  Heat issue?

Sounds like maybe a loose connection or bad cable/tape somewhere.  Could be that your hardware is going too (HDD, PSU, Mobo, etc).

If it is noticably hot in your tower, try leaving the side off for a while, if it comes off.  Otherwise, clean out your fans with a can of air and make sure they are spinning properly.

a lot of times when my computer restarted randomly i reattached the cables and rearranged them around and that usually fixed the problem.  Sounds like i need to get some compressed air and clean out the fans.  I did however take the side off my computer and let it cool off and it started up correctly. 

Are you sure it's 22C?  I'd only believe that if it was watercooled or undervolted.  Thoroughbred/Palomino CPUs run pretty warm.

Leave the side open like you did, and run a fan on it.  If that fixes it, it's definitely an overheating problem.

its underclocked, to 1151mhz. so that is prob why

you dont have the greatest power supply, compusa powersupplys usually will do something like this after sometime because they are not built that good. replace it and you will be good. go with a antec and you will never have a problem.

I'm considering this one

I dont have much moeny to spend but the reviews look pretty good

I'm considering this one

I dont have much moeny to spend but the reviews look pretty good

that ones not bad at all, but you can do a little better for around the same price.

any of these are really good for the price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817182021

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148027

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817192002

Hi how did we decide it is the power supply ?, you tilt the puter and it reboots INMO

it has got to be a connection , also the temp of 22c , without a refrigerant system you cannot get lower than ambient temperature, even with water cooling ,

if your puter runs at ambient +10c you are doing ok

Hi how did we decide it is the power supply ?, you tilt the puter and it reboots INMO

it has got to be a connection , also the temp of 22c , without a refrigerant system you cannot get lower than ambient temperature, even with water cooling ,

if your puter runs at ambient +10c you are doing ok

definately not a heat issue with teh cpu,  but it is prob a connection prob but now i noticed that my sound card is not working.  Everything is slowly dying on me.  Could be the pos mobo.  According to everest the cpu temp is 22

have you tried "speed fan 4.28" for temp. measurements it works for me.

it has a graph chart to record over time ,

I agree after noticing your post on bios and under clocking,

my thoughts/ action on this if it was my puter, would be to set the bios to default, shut down, power off , remove the CMOS battery for 1/2 hour make a coffee, meditate,

check  all the cards , connections,and jumpers,  put the Bat, back ( a new one would be a good idea ) fire up and check the bios settings ,

if that don't work , I would think about a new Mobo , have you got a spare puter ? you could test the various cards etc in ,  I keep a old Msi/Amd 1100  just for that reason , also to test programs on before committing my main puter ,

The usual disclaimer applies LOL

if it goes wrong , I have emigrated

regards Roco  UK

have you tried "speed fan 4.28" for temp. measurements it works for me.

it has a graph chart to record over time ,

I agree after noticing your post on bios and under clocking,

my thoughts/ action on this if it was my puter, would be to set the bios to default, shut down, power off , remove the CMOS battery for 1/2 hour make a coffee, meditate,

check  all the cards , connections,and jumpers,  put the Bat, back ( a new one would be a good idea ) fire up and check the bios settings ,

if that don't work , I would think about a new Mobo , have you got a spare puter ? you could test the various cards etc in ,  I keep a old Msi/Amd 1100  just for that reason , also to test programs on before committing my main puter ,

The usual disclaimer applies LOL

if it goes wrong , I have emigrated

regards Roco  UK

yeah the good thing is that i am definately planning on getting a new mobo, cpu, case, psu in a few weeks when i get the money.  I do have some backup computers but unfourtanetly my family doesnt trust me with the other computers because of some past experiences  :evil6:.as far as my gpu goes i had to disable it because it was reaching rediculously high speeds under no stress.  I do however need to get some compressed air to clean out the fan on the gpu.  I have tried clearing the cmos which caused the cpu to underclock. But im prob not going to worry to much about the mobo because i will be getting a new one soon. i download fan speed and it reads my cpu at 22 c