incredible ram

that's is rediculus!  -- that's $1000/gig .. hahahahahahaha F#@& that!  That ram better give blowjobs for that price, lol.

It goes from 2GB at 249 to 4GB at 3999.99 - that extra 2 gigs costs 15X that of the first 2GB - they  must have to do something really special to get that extra 2GB in there, for that price they must have to hand make a whole new laptop that can support the extra 2GB, lol.

i dont think its a mistake.....i was browsing few websites to see how much these 2gig modules sell for, and while they are not extremely expensive - people list that companies such as dell/apple would charge 5,6 times that price - so they would end up selling 2 gig module for $1500+

...i wouldnt be surprised if this price is an actual price

yeah, it's us dollars. dell also chares 99 bucks for example to upgrade a desktop from 256 to 512. steep, but realistic in a way. but 250 from 1 gig to 2 and then 3999 from 1 gig to 4? i doubt the 2 gig sticks go for more than 500 each...

they are more then $500 if you go to crucial its $1738 for a 2gb stick.

http://www.crucial.com/store/ListParts.asp?mfr=Dell&model=XPS+M1710