OMG guys OMG

t1wireless

still waiting for a installer to come and confirm i can get dsl :( they say 99% i can but they need to be sure. Now i have another question for you guys , the local internet provider around here has never said i can get dsl when i type my number into thier home page. They resell alltel(windstream) dsl which is my tel co provider. Now when i type my number into thier hompage it says i can get dsl through them. Now i have already talked to windstream and they are sending someone out to check out the situation. But my main question is why do they resell thier dsl to semo.net? Is it to expaned thier coverage area? Will i be more likey to get dsl from the local provider? I would prefer to get it striaght from windstream. which would cut about 110$ off my monthy bills.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide me.

My guess is that you qualify based on address, 15,000 feet to a Central Office.. but the physical infrastructure might not be in place.  Just let the techs do their work.. I am sure that they will figure out something for ya.

But my main question is why do they resell thier dsl to semo.net? Is it to expaned thier coverage area? Will i be more likey to get dsl from the local provider? I would prefer to get it striaght from windstream. which would cut about 110$ off my monthy bills.

technically they dont resell there DSL they just lease the line semo.net so they can have there own services. its just a way for the telco to make some extra money. they are both the same if you can get one you can get the other. Earthlink does this same exact thing they lease lines from major ISPs.

It is fine as long as you are browsing. The rest bites. I uploaded some pics one time and even divided them in 2. Finally went upstairs and made a sandwich.  :laughing7:

Did it divide that in half too or did you have to cut it with your knife  :haha:

Yeah, But I cant never seem to get to the cap speed always about 20 - 30kb off.

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 730 Kbps about 0.73 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 89 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/07/23 - 11:34am

Bottom Line:: 13X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 11.51 sec

Tested from a 1496 kB file and took 16.78464 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 68.98 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-AZE5LBDXU

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 [!]