slow internet browsing with hughes! help

light

So a week ago I got hughes sattelite at my house cause we can't get anything else here where I am, and it download's good and uploads good, but has a terrible time internet browsing, Sometimes it will load pages fine then other times it will say it can't load the page like it's not connected to the internet, or other times it won't load certain parts of webpages, but everytime, it will take about 1 min or 2 to load webpages, the smaller ones like google go pretty fast but a page with lotsa stuff to load takes quite a while, just was wondering if anyone could help or chime in. Thanks.

So are you saying this is normal? It's odd, I can load some pages on internet explorer, it's faster than useing aol, but it load some pages, but aol will load those pages, it just takes longer? Something in my settings maybe? O and what's your sattelite strength, mine is usally 50-60.

50 to 60 can be a normal signal depending on your location and transponder.

Don't browse with AOL if your using HughesNet.  Use internet explorer.  AOL goes through another proxy and your just asking for more headache.

Have you ran the LCCU program?  It optimizes your IE browser settings.

DON'T set a broswer proxy.  There is no need for it on a DW7000 (assuming thats what you have).

Ive heard that some people are having trouble with Hughes Web acceleration.  If that is causing your problem, there isn't really much you can do about it.  Hopefully Hughes will have that problem fixed soon.

There are some great FAQs over at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/sat.

Yeah I tried runnig that optimization program but it had a problem, said it wouldnt work for the sattelite for some reason, I got the dw7000, I noticed when I check the sattelite it has a lot of failed transmissions, and it's only transmitting 1 watt of power, is that what it was suppose  to be at that seams really low. Yeah the stength is up to 60 now, still having trouble loading web pages, half the web pages it load it cause it can't detect a connection or the sites having difficulties, and aol just kicks me off after about a minutes saying reset be host. Thanks for the help so far guys.

Lots of trans errors?  Sounds like the transmitter might not be grounded properly.  If you reboot the modem, by unplugging it, does it get better for a short time?

1 Watt is correct for a home system.  You only need a higher power transmitter if you have a bigger dish and/or live at the edge of service, or if weather is a major factor. 

After checking for good ground and also touching the end of the cable for at least 10 seconds.

Light first of all are you running a clean computer?

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-4257

And if you need a pretty good connectuon tweak, try:

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-1703

The first post, the attachment over the pic. has pre-built settings. Try those. And it may take a couple of days to fully set in.

Hope that helps some.  :D