Dual Boot Laptop: XP/Mandrake

FallowEarth

Just installed Mandriva Linux 10.1 (2006 Installer) on a separate partition on my XP laptop.  Talk about straight-forward!  I think installing Mandriva was easier than installing XP.  It even installs its own multiboot manager.

The only trouble I had is that it didn't pick up my wireless card (had to install the driver with a Windows ndiswrapper from the recovery CD, but HardDrake is a great hardware utility).

This thing is so full of bundled software and utilities, I've got hours of playing around to keep me out of trouble for a while.

Here area a couple of shots:

......i couldnt get the ndiswrapper config file to automatically load when the o/s boots up - id have to execute it manually each time.....were you able to do this ?

I just had to load it once using HardDrake hardware utility.  HardDrake came with other Broadcom WLAN drivers pre-installed, but none for mine.  I had to find the correct file from my OEM Recovery CD and use HardDrake to configure the device and point it to the NDISwrapper.  HardDrake remembered the settings, and I just set the boot preference to configure this device on startup.  Hasn't given me trouble since.