computer is Slowwwwww

Razberry

Im running a new Acer laptop with 512 ram and a amd 3100 processor..for the last 2 weeks its taking about 5 minutes to boot and when it goes to sleep I have to reboot it..Also some programs are opening slowly.  Any ideas? my connection is gr8..but the other operations r slow. :shock:

try this

9. Download, update, and do a scan with SpyBot and Ad Aware to remove any spyware

11. Install Outpost Firewall, Sygate Firewall, or Zone Alarm.

12. Scan for viruses with your antivirus app, if you do not have one get one, AVG, Avast!, and Ewido are great.

13. Make sure you have ALL of the latest Windows Updates

14. Download and run CCleaner

VanBuren :)

yea thats a great tool, found 121 bad things on my pc today, been lazy scanning for a couple of months hehe

VanBuren :)

121 thats not bad, i scanned a computer here at my office with it yesterday and it found over 1000, i wonder were this employee is going  :haha: :haha:

haha.. if it is a new computer.. I would highly recommend reformatting, if you have a copy of windows on a cd, just to get rid of all the extra crap that the manufactures are installing these days..

At that point make sure you get a decent virus/spyware/adware/firewall program and get the updates for windows XP.