after limewire usage a lot of hacker attempts shows up !!!!!!!!!

karthic

hi friends

recently i installed limewire for downloading pics,music,etc.,. but after using it a couple of times my firewall(zone alarm) is showing the hacker intrusions like never before

that is before installation of the limewire software the firewall showed zero access attempts but after its installation and usage the number of hacker attempts showed to me was something nearer to 437

i am really shocked,

is it advisable to use limewire? hereafter can i continue using limewire ?

am i exposing willingly my computer to the hackers through the limewire?

long back i performed a intrusion test through the shieldsup site and i was happy to see that my computer passed those tests with that site with 0 access attempts but now i 'm really worried at the view of my firewall results

can i use limewire hereafter ?????????????

please help me guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes use it , dont be so worried.... (limewire sucks though IMO)

i dont even have a firewall

me=not a pussy :)

get peerguardian

and dont format your shit like that please, we told you dont know how many times

ya your getting so many cause your getting alot of connections from all the limewire kids. normal

@ brock1

what is that you have said

yes use it , dont be so worried.... (limewire sucks though IMO)

i dont even have a firewall

me=not a pussy :)

get peerguardian

and dont format your S#!t like that please, we told you dont know how many times

ya your getting so many cause your getting alot of connections from all the limewire kids. normal

dont format bla bla .....

i couldn't understand what have u said?????????

any program like limewire will trip a software firewall, because a software firewall looks for outgoing connections and thinks that it may be bad unless you specify otherwise. You have to tell it that you are the one doing it.

also testmy.net does not in anyway support any form of p2p sharing of files in anyway.

also testmy.net does not in anyway support any form of p2p sharing of files in anyway.

p2p is fine, it's sharing of copyrighted files that TMN doesn't support.

There's plenty of legal uses for p2p.

just be careful about what you download, I have been using limewire for 2 years and have had no problem what so ever, just do a virus scan and spyware scan after downloading, and make sure you scan the files that you downloaded before sending it to my documents or where ever.

Did the thread ask for help with downloading files?

didnt have to, you do know the RIAA and MPAA are going after people who mention that they use these types of programs on places like this. and they are trying to get a law passed that will make it illegal for you to have any type of p2p app on your computer.

Limewire is a haven for script kiddies and hackers. Most likely you have more than 1 trojan on your system due to Limewire.

A few suggestions: Stop using Limewire...there are safer ways to share. Get rid of ZA and pick up agnitum outpost, tiny personal firewall, or kerio personal firewall :)