were you offended by that member?

CA3LE

To anyone who was offended by the user 'mastertech' just know that we don't encourage members like him.  We encourage learning here... not someone telling people how stupid they are.  Just because someone is ignorant of something doesn't make them stupid.  This member has been banned for his snooty behavior, how would he have felt if someone belittled him when he was learning?  Very rude and not tolerated here.

:) - have a good one guys :)

- Damon

I guess I was offended by the way he started posting in a sticky topic.Saying it was all wrong.That's why I split the topic to put the mastertech posts & replies in a new topic.I then tried some of what he suggested I do .Even though I really didn't need his help.I thought making sure I had the updated version of Memtest86+ & the current Drive Function test & tool for my HD was good advice.But when I posted that was all I was going to do he got belligerent & started complaining about people who wouldn't follow clear instructions when he was "helping" them.

Guest philp

To anyone who was offended by the user 'mastertech' just know that we don't encourage members like him. 

What I found most offensive was his user name. It implies that he knows all there is to know.

In 1989 I passed all the required written tests and had the required work experience to be called an ASE certified Master Automobile Technician and also a Master Jaguar Technician. I never took either title to mean I knew more than anyone else or that my days of learning were over. I prefer to use the knowledge I have acquired to help others with less experience.

Maybe I'm just a dying breed. A dinosaur.  :roll:

To anyone who was offended by the user 'mastertech' just know that we don't encourage members like him.  We encourage learning here... not someone telling people how stupid they are.  Just because someone is ignorant of something doesn't make them stupid.  This member has been banned for his snooty behavior, how would he have felt if someone belittled him when he was learning?  Very rude and not tolerated here.

:) - have a good one guys :)

- Damon

Complete asshole. Everyone learns everything they know from someone... including him. This is why testmy.net is so great. Anywhere else this would just be a meh.. who cares kinda thing.

What I found most offensive was his user name. It implies that he knows all there is to know.

In 1989 I passed all the required written tests and had the required work experience to be called an ASE certified Master Automobile Technician and also a Master Jaguar Technician. I never took either title to mean I knew more than anyone else or that my days of learning were over. I prefer to use the knowledge I have acquired to help others with less experience.

:haha: You should change your name to MasterBadAss. Thats what I would do. ;):haha:

I thought he was funny in a childish sort of way.  :binkybaby:

Not very people oriented though.  :nono:

When he first started posting, I figured he would not last long.  ;)

I agree with Tommie, think the guy must be Billy  no mates ,

we had one (the same guy ? )on the fledgling Numion forum ,

he just about closed the forum , http://www.numion.com/f/viewtopic.php?t=9

svv 1999 , and I see he is now back posting  :lol:

anyone heard from troggers ?, as I see he posted once on numion,

Guest philp

:haha: You should change your name to MasterBadAss. Thats what I would do. ;):haha:

Hmmmm.........That DOES have a nice ring to it.  :haha:  :haha:  :haha:

yeh resop u missed a good one (mostly one sided...because of the demeanor of testmy members...we r a friendly bunch...yep)...most of it is in quarantine so nobody can see it...but i think there r still a couple of his posts floating around...turned out the site he kept trying to send everyone to for the "truth" about xp tuning was HIS own site so he was just spamming for traffic and trying to discredit testmy to get testmy members over to his own site

resopalrabotnick it went something like this. A new member came in firing the first shots ( :uzi:) right at ROM_DOS's sticky about tweaking your registry and such. Immediately trying to discredit all of ROM's research. Saying it was nothing but a myth.

I immediately asked for his proven credintials of who he was to say such things. I also asked him to just play nice or stop. cholla tried to talk to him nice like. He turned butthead. And pretty much the WAR was on.  :twogun::biggun::ar15fire::protest::flipa::bs::brave::violent1::angry9::angry4::angry8::ar15:

A few members wanted to know if the argument was worth it, i responded of course. etc...

resopalrabotnick it went something like this. A new member came in firing the first shots ( :uzi:) right at ROM_DOS's sticky about tweaking your registry and such. Immediately trying to discredit all of ROM's research. Saying it was nothing but a myth.

I immediately asked for his proven credintials of who he was to say such things. I also asked him to just play nice or stop. cholla tried to talk to him nice like. He turned butthead. And pretty much the WAR was on.  :twogun::biggun::ar15fire::protest::flipa::bs::brave::violent1::angry9::angry4::angry8::ar15:

A few members wanted to know if the argument was worth it, i responded of course. etc...

oooooooh... he went after Rom?? Time for my +9 flaming sword of justice!

anyway, I wasn't here, I didn't see it, but if Tommie's synopsis is true,

I say: "what a jerk".

mean people suck!