Need Help With Nvidia Icon

dlewis23

everytime i turn off the stupid nvidia icon on the taskbar then restart, it comes back again. This just started happening when i updated to the newest drives a few weeks ago. Ive gone into msconfig and turned it off like ive always done before but it doesnt work this time, anyone got any ideas how to turn it off?

If you are wanting to stop it from loading I like the free program Autoruns. It doesn't sound like you are though, sounds to me like you are doing it right. The only other solution I have is to hold your cursor over it and when the lil information balloon pops up right click the balloon. From here you can set it to always hide any icon. Thats what I do for my "safely remove hardware" icon.

Maybe right click the icon?

All progams?

that doesnt work.

If you are wanting to stop it from loading I like the free program Autoruns. It doesn't sound like you are though, sounds to me like you are doing it right. The only other solution I have is to hold your cursor over it and when the lil information balloon pops up right click the balloon. From here you can set it to always hide any icon. Thats what I do for my "safely remove hardware" icon.

im pertty sure i am doing it right ive always done it like this but it just keeps coming back. it wont allow me right click the info balloon.

that doesnt work.

im pertty sure i am doing it right ive always done it like this but it just keeps coming back. it wont allow me right click the info balloon.

Ok just right click the taskbar at the bottom of your screen in between the start button and the clock. Anywhere that there is not a program minimized to. Go to properties and at the bottom of the screen it will have a cuomize button. Click it and change the item you want to always hidden. This is not the solution... I know, but it will solve it temporarily. :)

Ok just right click the taskbar at the bottom of your screen in between the start button and the clock. Anywhere that there is not a program minimized to. Go to properties and at the bottom of the screen it will have a cuomize button. Click it and change the item you want to always hidden. This is not the solution... I know, but it will solve it temporarily. :)

thats what im doing now, but every time the computer starts a message comes up saying "sli multiply GPU rendering has been disabled" so eather way i have to right click it and exit the damn thing. i think im just gonna roll back the drivers to when it didnt do this.

thats what im doing now, but every time the computer starts a message comes up saying "sli multiply GPU rendering has been disabled" so eather way i have to right click it and exit the damn thing. i think im just gonna roll back the drivers to when it didnt do this.

:? :?  Odd.

dlewis i had the same problem when i downloaded the newest drivers for my 7900gt. the link below contains the registry fix that will get rid of the pop up. if this doesn't work let me know because i think there is another way to stop it. you want the sliballon.reg attachment and then add it to your registry

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=760&p_created=1137546131&p_sid=9LyabYbi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NDcmcF9wcm9kcz0yJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9MS4yOzIudTAmcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9mbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1zbGkgcmVtb3ZlZA**&p_li=&p_topview=1

on a side note, can someone tell me how to do hyperlinks so i dont always have to paste a link to a site and can type a word or two describing it.