I need to put new ends on my coaxial cable...

mummer43

I just put my computer in a different room and the end is off the cable coming out of the wall.  What kind of ends should I get to replace them?  Gold?  I would love to replace the cable, but that isn't an option.  I don't have the tool to do it, are they expensive?

I just put my computer in a different room and the end is off the cable coming out of the wall.  What kind of ends should I get to replace them?  Gold?  I would love to replace the cable, but that isn't an option.  I don't have the tool to do it, are they expensive?

dont worry about what kinda ends, the cable is more important. just go to like a home depot and get a coax crimping kit, its like 15 bucks. its very easy to put the ends on.

I haven't bought anything from this place so I can't recomend them that way.I just did a search for a heavy duty coax crimping tool.Their price was a little under 11 dollars shipping & the tool.I didn't look for the connectors.

http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/15-62-wire-strippers-and-crimping-tools/heavy-duty-coaxial-cable-crimping-tool-116323.aspx

I haven't bought anything from this place so I can't recomend them that way.I just did a search for a heavy duty coax crimping tool.Their price was a little under 11 dollars shipping & the tool.I didn't look for the connectors.

http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/15-62-wire-strippers-and-crimping-tools/heavy-duty-coaxial-cable-crimping-tool-116323.aspx

thats actually the same one i have it works well for what it does, ends are cheap like a buck for 10 a radioshack

Store bought cable crimp kits suck. Just call you local cable company and have them replace the coaxial heads, this way you assured of no signal leakage. If your not a cable subscriber just ask a field tech (if you see one) to hook you up (for a modest fee  :)).

TheHalf