Time Warner Cable

TheHalf

Well it's official folks as of 12:01am here we now are know as TWC country, Adelphia is no more.

Now I don't care about our TV lineup but I am worried about my HSI. I believe the RoadRunner service is not going to match-up like Adelphia's Extreme tier so I look forward to Verizon's FiOS. *sigh* If anything I want fast reliable internet service.

Oh I feel I need a hug...isn't Time Warner and AOHell one? D'oh!

TheHalf

I have TWC and Roadrunner and so far I can't complain. I'm getting right at my advertised speeds. Now they are offering the 8Mbps as the premeire package which is new to my area, but dang they are wanting boat loads for it. Right now I pay only 29.95 for 5Mbps and they're wanting 69.95 for the 8package. I dunno if I'll go for the 8 just yet but I must say it's tempting....

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 4948 Kbps about 4.95 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 604 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/08/01 - 1:31am

Bottom Line:: 86X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.7 sec

Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 9.906 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Looks Great : 3.13 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-OGNE6Z3IK

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.5) Gecko/20060719 Firefox/1.5.0.5 [!]

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 287 Kbps about 0.29 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 35 kB/s

Test Time:: 2006/08/01 - 3:49am

Bottom Line:: 5X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 29.26 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 11.015 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 7.29 % of your hosts average (adelphia.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-4A7N0J58F

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.5) Gecko/20060719 Firefox/1.5.0.5 [!]

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 782 Kbps about 0.78 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 95 kB/s

Test Time:: 2006/08/01 - 3:59am

Bottom Line:: 14X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 10.78 sec

Tested from a 1496 kB file and took 15.66144 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 48.39 % faster than the average for host (adelphia.net)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-EGISZFB5T

Nice speeds eh? This is a monthly occurrence with adelphia. I pay for the 6dn 7k up. works good for a few weeks , then this crap, you get to tier two tech and maybe further , they make you disconnect all your firewall and antivirus and then tell you they can see you getting hit with spyware , NO SHIT. haha "it must be on your end story gets old. But I must say , funny how a 45 -60 min phone conversation raises your bandwidth back up to normal. This has been going on for 18 months, Any how I'm done ranting , haha. Hopefully TWC will have a different agenda , say like giving customers close to what they are paying for :>

I live near buffalo and was just switched to the time warner service.  I was wondering what is going on with the e-mail address and road runner home page.  Has the internet switch from adelhpia to tome warner occured yet.  Do you have to like register with them to get a new e-mail and have acess to their other services.  I ran a speed test and it still says my host is adelphia.

I just went to time warners site and checked for availibility in my are and this is what i got

"There are no Road Runner Service Providers in your area. The service provider in your area is

Adelphia"

TW > Adelphia imho. I was getting bad routing/ping/drop issues with Adelphia in March and they said it was because they were laying down fiber lines... Which doesn't make much sense cuz they're a cable company, but you never know.

In some areas TW offers 8-10 MB premium plans, they may offer them here as well. I wish I had FiOS though :(

TW > Adelphia imho. I was getting bad routing/ping/drop issues with Adelphia in March and they said it was because they were laying down fiber lines... Which doesn't make much sense cuz they're a cable company, but you never know.

In some areas TW offers 8-10 MB premium plans, they may offer them here as well. I wish I had FiOS though :(

Very possible.. they would be expanding the backbone... Not everything runs on coax..

well i was just chatting with one of road runners tech help guys, i was wondering if i had to do anything to properly switch over my adelphia internet to road runner.  I got quite a kick out of this.  He had no knowlege of a merger between adelphia and timewarner.  So i had to spend the next 10 min fulling him in.  Then he said that the only way to get a road runner account and e-amil and etc.... was to call the local office and probably spen an hour on the phone with them trying to sort this out.  I thought this change was all suppose to happen automatically????

Very possible.. they would be expanding the backbone... Not everything runs on coax..

This is true: FDDI, Sonet, OCx, ATM.

well i was just chatting with one of road runners tech help guys, i was wondering if i had to do anything to properly switch over my adelphia internet to road runner.  I got quite a kick out of this.  He had no knowlege of a merger between adelphia and timewarner.  So i had to spend the next 10 min fulling him in.  Then he said that the only way to get a road runner account and e-amil and etc.... was to call the local office and probably spen an hour on the phone with them trying to sort this out.  I thought this change was all suppose to happen automatically????

Ahem:

If you would like to see how this will affect you: http://www.twcusoon.com/

ok the site dosent work, i type in my zip code and it says the page has been removed.  However i believe i was on that site before, it just tells you all the features of their cable service and internet.  It does not tell you how or if you have to register a new name or e-amil with them.  How do i gain access to all of their services.  If i try and log into road runner with my adelphia name and it male it says access denied.

edit: Ok i just went back on that site and tried a different zip code(california) and it work, but if i type in a zip near myself(Westernt New york) it says the page can not be displayed, the page you are trying to access has been removed 

ok the site dosent work, i type in my zip code and it says the page has been removed.  However i believe i was on that site before, it just tells you all the features of their cable service and internet.  It does not tell you how or if you have to register a new name or e-amil with them.  How do i gain access to all of their services.  If i try and log into road runner with my adelphia name and it male it says access denied.

edit: Ok i just went back on that site and tried a different zip code(california) and it work, but if i type in a zip near myself(Westernt New york) it says the page can not be displayed, the page you are trying to access has been removed 

i get the same error as you, something is probally wrong in there database for that area, your just going to have to wait or call them.