Can I use more than one modem?

mummer43

So I can't use one modem upstairs and another downstairs?  If that's the case then what is a good wireless card for my desktop??

nope you can only use 1 modem in a house

any of these wifi cards are good

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127145

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127157

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833162130

You could.. but to get it you would have to have a second connection, wire, from your cable box to your house..  Then on top of that you would have to have a second account. 

Still interested.. yes you could load balance the network giving you 12mbps (theoretical) throughput (2x 6mbps per wan)..  That wouldnt mean that you have 12mbps to each computer.. That would be half.. 

Or you could spend about $1000 and have a router that agergates the bandwidth into a super pipe.. that would be 12mbps to the computer..

Worth the cost? nope..

You could.. but to get it you would have to have a second connection, wire, from your cable box to your house..  Then on top of that you would have to have a second account. 

Still interested.. yes you could load balance the network giving you 12Mbps (theoretical) throughput (2x 6Mbps per wan)..  That wouldnt mean that you have 12Mbps to each computer.. That would be half.. 

Or you could spend about $1000 and have a router that agergates the bandwidth into a super pipe.. that would be 12Mbps to the computer..

Worth the cost? nope..

It's obivously not work the cost.  I have a Linksys wireless router.  Should I get a linksys wireless card?  Would a USB dongle be good enough?

It's obivously not work the cost.  I have a Linksys wireless router.  Should I get a linksys wireless card?  Would a USB dongle be good enough?

you dont have to get a linksys wireless card its not going to make anything better, ive never had a problem with dlink cards, like swimmer said PIC is generally better then USB, Ive had good luck with both in my experiences.

Looks like I am getting a PCI card.  Thanks for all the replies!

I use 2 modems on the same phone line (ADSL ) BUT not both at the same time,

I have to unplug one of them from the Telco socket , to get a connection ,

why do I do this :lol: I have a second puter in another part of the house , as a backup to my main one, and it is also my puter workshop, it works for me  :? if I need to transfer files , I just us my memory pen drive 1Gb