verizon tech

amc11890

Okay a verizon tech guy came over today fix all the outages  that we were having, he went out to the box outside my house and said that the reason i was getting constant outages  is because are speed caps are too high :?  my speed cap was set at 1376 download and 448 upload. now it is at 840 download and 160 upload.  he says this will fix the problem with all the outages i have been having. he says i am too far away from the Central station to recieve faster speeds.  wait a mintute my internet was working fine at the higher speeds up until recently why did he downgrade me?  too me it sounds like he is ripping me off, im on the 15$ package now and i am paying 30 bux.  he dint fix any thing he just downgraded my speeds.  but since i am only fifteen i dint have much say.  and then i told him that i took a speed test amd i got 50Kbps and he told me that i couldnt trust internet speed tests sites because there is too much traffic :lol:

edit: here are the speeds now:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 737 Kbps about 0.74 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 90 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/08/01 - 2:46pm

Bottom Line:: 13X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 11.38 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 33.266 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 12.77 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2IFZUL7OX

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.5) Gecko/20060719 Firefox/1.5.0.5 [!]

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 142 Kbps about 0.14 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 17 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/08/01 - 2:51pm

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 60.24 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 172.6944 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 17.55 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-YHI70MTPC

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.5) Gecko/20060719 Firefox/1.5.0.5 [!]

:cry:

My parents were not even home when he came over so he had limited things he could do.  But we are already on a one year contract for $30 per month so i guess we are stuck at that price.

no your not stuck on 30 bucks a month, by law verizon has to adjust your bill because your service changed.

why dont you show your dad the speed difference in the DSL you have now, and FIOS.

basically all my dad goes by is the surfing speed.

Me:  Hey dad we should get fios, its way faster than our crappy dsl

Dad: Our internet is fine

Me:  No its crap

Dad: Ur never content with anything

and that is a exact quote

basically all my dad goes by is the surfing speed.

Me:  Hey dad we should get fios, its way faster than our crappy dsl

Dad: Our internet is fine

Me:  No its crap

Dad: Ur never content with anything

and that is a exact quote

:haha: :haha: :haha:

why dont you do this slow down your internet on purpose so surfing speed is slow. and tell him it will much faster if we go FIOS

:haha: :haha: :haha:

why dont you do this slow down your internet on purpose so surfing speed is slow. and tell him it will much faster if we go FIOS

lol...hmmm.... wat could i do to slow it down.  i actually was happy when our dsl was messed up because i thot he would actually switch to fios

actualy when our dsl was messed up, the first thing he said was wat did u do?

:haha: :haha: :haha:  that reminds me, me and my friend a few months ago were gonna switch out my motherboard and cpu(underclocked xp 1800) and put it in my dads computer and take his xp 3200 and mobo and put it in my computer.  lol 2.2GHz vs 1100MHz.  I chickened out becuase i thot he would notice

:haha: :haha: :haha:  that reminds me, me and my friend a few months ago were gonna switch out my motherboard and cpu(underclocked xp 1800) and put it in my dads computer and take his xp 3200 and mobo and put it in my computer.  lol 2.2GHz vs 1100MHz.  I chickened out becuase i thot he would notice

I think he would notice too  :haha: :haha:

why dont you show your dad the speed difference in the DSL you have now, and FIOS.

.... and offer the extra $5/month like you have been, after doing both of those at the same time, who could resist (although my parents are also stubborn, I want to switch to AT&T and get the Elite 6/608 package.  It's $27.99/month for the first year, which is $2.00/month less than we're paying now, and it's $39.99/month after that, and I offered to pay the extra $10.00/month, but NOOOOOOOOOO.)

I guess we're in the same boat, then......

Just download cable nut and make it settings TOTALLY opposite of yours so that it slows you down to nothing for a week and see what he says  :evil6:

Yeah, make the Recieve and Send window values HUGE so you get all kinds of packet loss.  :haha:

see amc you got options,  you can get FIOS if you try.  :haha: :haha: