Database of advertised speed packages

gotmilk

I just had this idea last night, but I was too lazy/tired to post it.  I was thinking it would be helpful to have a database of all the advertised speed packages of all the major/semi-major ISPs.  Ideally I would like to have all the advertised speed packages of all the ISPs in the "North American Providers" and "World Providers" sections of the forum, and maybe even more.  So basically, post the speed packages you know your ISP offers, and I will update this post with any new information I recieve.  I'll start by doing my research.  I'll have some info posted in a few minutes.  Pricing would also be helpful if you can include it.  Include both residential and business packages if possible.  Also include the type of internet service (DSL, Cable, etc.).

Adelphia  (Cable)

4/384

AAAAAAAGH!!    :angry5:

NOOOOOOOOO

That's what I got when I tried to update my post with the ongoing rates fot AT&T.

Mods, is there anything you can do to fix this?  Please?  :)

only a mod could go back and edit it after the time limit,

you will just have to right it up fully and then post it.

The whole point of this thread, though, was to get all the information from people on different ISPs and put all the information in one place.  I guess I can type up what I find and put it in the next post, though.   

AMC:  I know what post you're talking about and it's in the "Public Polls" section, but I was going to get all the information I could possibly get and put it in one small point of reference. 

Thanks, Swimmer.  :D  I'm working on it right now, it's going to take a while, but it's coming.  If anyone has any info on advertised speed packages, either off the top of your head, or from resarch, post them please.  :) 

EDIT:  Lunchtime, then back to work on the database.  :)

EDIT 2:  Dang, I forgot, I've gotta cut the grass today.    :(

Yeah, general packages is what I was aiming for, at least for now.  I spent a long time working on this today and I'll have it ready tomorrow.  There was a lot of information I couldn't find, though, and for that, I'll have to rely on other sources (that's you guys, and maybe some other people).  Wait until I get my share posted before you make anymore contributions to the databse.  Chances are I've already got your info.  ;)

haha.. no this is going into a mysql database.. easy searchs.. then if it is a hit we can port it over to the main site..

but for now i will update the first post with you list so if anyone has any corrections or additions please post them in the thread!

haha.. no this is going into a mysql database.. easy searchs.. then if it is a hit we can port it over to the main site..

but for now i will update the first post with you list so if anyone has any corrections or additions please post them in the thread!

Still, you're awesome.