Post your speed and how much you pay monthly

V

FIOS rules :headbang: --- I've been jealous since they day they released it... and it's still not in my area :mad:

Verizon in other parts of my area is slowly starting to force users to it. I don't have it available to me yet. Verizon was supposed to build it four years ago. They just placed FiOS gear near me a year and a half ago but still need to run the fiber by the homes that gear is supposed to serve! The backbone is already there.

Hi,

I was upgraded a few months ago to a nominal 5 Mbps down, which costs about US$ 70.00/month (3,000 Pesos) here in the Philippines. According to some statistics, this is pretty good - in the top 10% of users in this country. At this price we should be getting at least 20 Mbps though... :cool:

YOqfJK5.png

2vQELnc.png

Chris

Hi,

I was upgraded a few months ago to a nominal 5 Mbps down, which costs about US$ 70.00/month (3,000 Pesos) here in the Philippines. According to some statistics, this is pretty good - in the top 10% of users in this country. At this price we should be getting at least 20 Mbps though... :cool:

YOqfJK5.png

2vQELnc.png

Chris

As more people are able to get the service , the prices will drop.

Welcome to testmy.net WagnerLIA

Glad you've got a great connection :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have vzw mifi 450 4glte and my down load is 12Mbps and upload at1.2Mbps

:.. Download Speed Test Results ..:::

Download Connection Speed:: 17637 Kbps or 17.6 Mbps

Download Speed Test Size:: 7.8 MB or 8032 kB or 8224768 bytes

Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 2205 kB/s or 2.2 MB/s

Tested At:: http://TestMy.net Version 13

Validation:: https://testmy.net/db/YpNaDzW

More Stats:: https://testmy.net/quickstats/booge3211 https://testmy.net/compID/643692205999

Test Time:: 2012-12-09 13:01:56 Local Time

1MB Download in 0.46 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~8 Minutes - 315X faster than 56K

This test of exactly 8032 kB took 3.742 seconds to complete

Running at 349% of hosts average (Verizon Wireless)

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; SCH-I535 4G Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML,

From the very beginning I have had trouble with my speeds. But each time the technician they send out makes up some sort of excuse and blames it on everything but the work he did. Some of the customer service/tech people have been very nice, but each time they would write on the trouble ticket to replace everything, the tech would come out and do nothing but make excuses.......saying it works fine on his PC just not on mine. Whether my laptop has as much memory as his or not, would not change the speed test.

For the last week, I have had nothing but problems, but there is no point in calling as they will send out the same jerk, so I simply stopped calling.

This is my speed test for this morning. Not what i thought I was paying for......would love to switch to cable or DSL, at least you get close to what you are paying for.

2qy7kZn.png

iSJPspk.png

• 3 weeks later...

:::.. Download Speed Test Results ..:::

Download Connection Speed:: 1003 Kbps or 1 Mbps

Download Speed Test Size:: 864 kB or 884736 bytes

Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 125 kB/s

Tested At:: http://TestMy.net Version 13

Validation:: https://testmy.net/db/7s8q1L4

More Stats:: https://testmy.net/quickstats/LAMPRINI https://testmy.net/compID/725988061921

Test Time:: 2013-01-10 13:28:59 Local Time

1MB Download in 8.19 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~2 Hours - 18X faster than 56K

This test of exactly 864 kB took 7.077 seconds to complete

Running at 39% of hosts average (Hellas On Line S.A.)

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; I pay 24euros with free telephone

• 2 weeks later...

From the very beginning I have had trouble with my speeds. But each time the technician they send out makes up some sort of excuse and blames it on everything but the work he did. Some of the customer service/tech people have been very nice, but each time they would write on the trouble ticket to replace everything, the tech would come out and do nothing but make excuses.......saying it works fine on his PC just not on mine. Whether my laptop has as much memory as his or not, would not change the speed test.

For the last week, I have had nothing but problems, but there is no point in calling as they will send out the same jerk, so I simply stopped calling.

This is my speed test for this morning. Not what i thought I was paying for......would love to switch to cable or DSL, at least you get close to what you are paying for.

2qy7kZn.png

iSJPspk.png

Howdy kfahern,

I also have Wildblue (Execed 12).  I just moved from Hughesnet, since they won’t hook folks in Southern Arizona to their “New” Gen4 (which is having major problems).   When I was researching Wildblue, I noticed a lot of people would start off working O.K., but then in a week or so, their system slowed down and starting “resetting” all the time (especially if you used a router).  On Hughesnet, I had a similar problem with the last Satellite modem (HN9000) that I had.  I found out that it had a major thermal problem, which I fixed by putting a 4 in. fan on the modem.  When the Wildblue installer left, I put the fan on the Wildblue modem.  I have never had a problem with my speed or the router “resetting” problem that everyone else, seems to have.

I am not getting the 2 mbps upload speeds, but I think that is because the installer did not “tweek” the alignment of the dish – he just “eye balled” it and it was close enough to the “acceptable power” range, so he never went back up on the roof.

You might want to try the fan trick.

My Internet Speed 

3ZAw7rD.1pT2eFg.png

Desert_Snake

ISP: Cox Communications

Advertised Speeds 65/5 (Mb)

Price:~$65

Cap:400GB

Testmy.net Results:

Iceman0803.png

They actually advertise a cap?

• 2 weeks later...

Test ran 235.3Mbps (28.7 MB/s) Down & 122.4Mbps (15.3 MB/s) Upstream

BfNE4r0.kFZiOQs.png

This is, of course, not your typical home computer. This is my dedicated Centos box with two 1Gbps Connections, unmetered, no throttling.  I pay $490 per month for this machine and the 12 IP addresses on it.  Not bad for such a blazing fast machine...it is awesome!

I  have actually seen through the network monitors on the box, with simultaneous connections from multiple VM's that I was transferring files from...I have seen >60MB/s on the downstream node and the upstream was doing about 20 MB/s....it was close to 700 Mb/s together so it was pushing one ofo those gigibit connections pretty close!

Awesome site here - and great job with the coding!

Zac

Test ran 235.3Mbps (28.7 MB/s) Down & 122.4Mbps (15.3 MB/s) Upstream

BfNE4r0.kFZiOQs.png

This is, of course, not your typical home computer. This is my dedicated Centos box with two 1Gbps Connections, unmetered, no throttling.  I pay $490 per month for this machine and the 12 IP addresses on it.  Not bad for such a blazing fast machine...it is awesome!

I  have actually seen through the network monitors on the box, with simultaneous connections from multiple VM's that I was transferring files from...I have seen >60MB/s on the downstream node and the upstream was doing about 20 MB/s....it was close to 700 Mb/s together so it was pushing one ofo those gigibit connections pretty close!

Wow, that's an awesome box you've got.  I'm glad that you didn't complain about not being able to max out that bad boy on TestMy.net... it's really hard to max 1Gbps on a single thread test with < 200MB test.  As I'm sure you've noticed, when you're at that level of speed you're pretty much only going to pull max speed if you multithread.  Even though I have 2000 Mbps on the other end.  With SCP transfer, a large file and perfect conditions you might get close.  But within the browser, at least right now it's hard to do.  Maybe browser limitations that will change in the future.

Where is the box located?  Are you doing VNC or something?  ... It's pretty crazy when you see that much data being transfered that quickly.  It took you only 6.5 seconds to download 185MB and 2 seconds to upload 33MB.... by the way, for your speed, my max upload file size is too small, I'd bet that your upload is in reality totally symmetrical with the download but when you burst the largest test in 2 seconds :shock:  ...you really need more time to get an accurate reading.  I'll be increasing that in the future.

Awesome site here - and great job with the coding!

Zac

Thank Zac.  I've been at it a long time... I've got much more in store.  I hope that you stick around to watch it develop.    :headbang:

Wow, that's an awesome box you've got.  I'm glad that you didn't complain about not being able to max out that bad boy on TestMy.net... it's really hard to max 1Gbps on a single thread test with < 200MB test.  As I'm sure you've noticed, when you're at that level of speed you're pretty much only going to pull max speed if you multithread.  Even though I have 2000 Mbps on the other end.  With SCP transfer, a large file and perfect conditions you might get close.  But within the browser, at least right now it's hard to do.  Maybe browser limitations that will change in the future.

Thank you, I have been very impressed with this box - I wouldn't complain about anything because, frankly, I was shocked to see a browser via http over one pipe perform like this. Hopefully you are right and browsers will implement additional protocols for general use.

Where is the box located?  Are you doing VNC or something?  ... It's pretty crazy when you see that much data being transfered that quickly.  It took you only 6.5 seconds to download 185MB and 2 seconds to upload 33MB.... by the way, for your speed, my max upload file size is too small, I'd bet that your upload is in reality totally symmetrical with the download but when you burst the largest test in 2 seconds :shock:  ...you really need more time to get an accurate reading.  I'll be increasing that in the future.

I think you are correct, everything is very symmetrical as far as the upstream/downstream xfer goes. I would imagine you need at least 7-10 seconds in order to measure the speed accurately when you account for the propogation delay, handshakes, etc. I imagine 33MB is generally plenty...most people don't check in with an unmetered gigibit device

Thank Zac.  I've been at it a long time... I've got much more in store.  I hope that you stick around to watch it develop.    :headbang:

You're welcome and I look forward to seeing what you are working on! I definitely will be one of your frequent visitors; this is by far the most realistic and accurate site I have found thus far for bandwidth tests. I can't stand :toothy6: speedtest.net, etc. with those silly .swf apps that look like a speedometer or whatever. Take care, talk with you soon :wave: . Zac

I have COX "Ultimate" 150Mbps down/20Mbps up ($109/month). Honestly, I am confused. While I expected this test to be the most accurate because it is not flash (and I assume not Java either) this is the slowest I ever got. I Can hardly hit 20Mbps when testing here but when using other tests (sites), I get 100Mbps + ... someone enlighten me.