Post your speed and how much you pay monthly

V

On 1/13/2005 at 11:25 PM, V said:

Connection is:: 5801 Kbps about 5.8 Mbps (tested with 12160 KB)

Download Speed is:: 708 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 104 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 1.45 second(s)

https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=HA7PXKR5N

I have Roadrunner Premium rated at 6mb down and 512kb up , I pay $60 a month , Anyone that has faster and pays cheaper????????

Dude I am running around 300 megabits per second on my Android phone my ethernet desktop computer is running faster than that I don't know what kind of service you have but I would get rid of it cuz that is really slow

Yes man I I am running speeds of roughly 300 megabits a second and faster on my phone my desktop computer I run through Ethernet connection and it's faster yet and I don't pay $60 a month for that service and you're talking kilobits you're not even in the right range so I would definitely look into other services I don't know where you are from let me know I might be able to hook you up with a better service

Still banging high speeds with Comcast in Dallas Pa. $49.95 a month . I boosted my network with computer hacks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 9raZWHFpP.png

4 hours ago, Rustcrew said:

Still banging high speeds with Comcast in Dallas Pa. $49.95 a month . I boosted my network with computer hacks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 9raZWHFpP.png

Dude are you running their equipment 500 megabits per second that is awesome dude but yeah are you running their equipment or do you have your own Ethernet or router

4 hours ago, Rustcrew said:

Wonder what hacks?

Don't forget left click on the folder and choose in the drop down run as administrator. It will read your settings for a little while. down at the bottom of the screen it will say optimal click on that circle then hit apply . In a minute it will ask you to reboot. go ahead and do that It will change your rwin values and maximum connections  for you.  If you are not using windows 10 or 8.1 you are using something older  Go to www.speedguide.net and download your version. If you want to learn how windows and the internet companies work together to keep everyone @ one speed to control flow and congestion so that they can charge me and you $$$ for faster speed also go there and read some articles . I have learned a lot from them .Yeah Comcast boosted your speeds again from 100mbs to 150 mbs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well for around here that's blasting fast now do you have your own modem or the other thing I can't think of I don't know what it's called it's right on the tip of my tongue but anyway where do you live at and how are you getting faster speeds and what is your speeds in megabits

2 hours ago, photoman15 said:

Well for around here that's blasting fast now do you have your own modem or the other thing I can't think of I don't know what it's called it's right on the tip of my tongue but anyway where do you live at and how are you getting faster speeds and what is your speeds in megabits

Who are you replying to?  

The same question for your second post.  

New to this forum and seeking help. 

I am moving to rural Western NY, about an hour south of Buffalo. Need to find the best, cheapest, fastest internet service out there in the Allegheny Mountain region. Any suggestions?

Thx!

On 5/18/2018 at 6:29 AM, tp666 said:

New to this forum and seeking help. 

I am moving to rural Western NY, about an hour south of Buffalo. Need to find the best, cheapest, fastest internet service out there in the Allegheny Mountain region. Any suggestions?

Thx!

It all depends on what you need it for, and in the area you're talking about you may very well be limited to cell and satellite service.  If it's those, you can pretty much forget cutting the cord and you'll probably need something like DirecTV or Dish.  I live an hour south of Buffalo and I have HughesNet, which works fine for me.  It's the only service I can get, literally, with the exception of dial up.  

Average is always 1 meg or below. Was paying $94 and some change for a mere 30 gigs. Have now dropped it to 10 megs for  $50 a month. Just waiting for spectrum to get here so I can dump hughesnet. WORST ISP I HAVE EVER HAD SINCE FEBRUARY 1996. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM- THEY HAVE A $480 TERMINATION FEE. Spectrum buys out ETF which I think should be illegal since hughesnet has not once delivered their proclaimed speed of 25 megs down- not once! My tests show up to 45.9 megs which I have never seen so I am not sure abut that result, plus says average is 19 megs, never experienced that either.

052718 testmy net no vpn 1 26 m d 1100.JPG

Edited by Aniwaya
typos of course, i cannot type

1 hour ago, Aniwaya said:

Average is always 1 meg or below. Was paying $94 and some change for a mere 30 gigs. Have now dropped it to 10 megs for  $50 a month. Just waiting for spectrum to get here so I can dump hughesnet. WORST ISP I HAVE EVER HAD SINCE FEBRUARY 1996. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM- THEY HAVE A $480 TERMINATION FEE. Spectrum buys out ETF which I think should be illegal since hughesnet has not once delivered their proclaimed speed of 25 megs down- not once! My tests show up to 45.9 megs which I have never seen so I am not sure abut that result, plus says average is 19 megs, never experienced that either.

You say your speed is always 1Mbps or below, yet those tests don't bear that out.  Three are well above that, with one being above HughesNet's advertised speed.  You say HughesNet has not once delivered on their proclaimed speed of 25Mbps, yet one of those tests clearly show they have, and two others are within the 60% threshold.  If your tests show 45.9Mbps, then you've seen 45.9Mbps, which is nearly twice their advertised speed.  

On 5/15/2018 at 6:50 AM, Pgoodwin1 said:

That’s pretty slow OldHippieDude

Can you believe I'm happy, given that DSL is my only means for broadband way to Hades out here in the woods!  Haha  ..  I'm only in the lowest 94% echelon, compared to my server's average.  But, it's a helluva lot better than Windows 95 and AOL dial-up!   Well, somewhat improved. :rolleyes:

LTjcvlGM4.png