The Car Thread

amc11890

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guess the boat car. And if you can figure out the brand on my first car, you already have the Automaker. :laughing7:

That ugly thing cost me $150, no extra charge for the 50# of bondo.  :lol:

Hi, it's a AMC Rambler Clipper

Oh lol , many years back, I was sailing off the coast of Bournemouth UK ,

There was a bit of swell about ,  coming out from the quay was a amphicar

with Miss Bournemouth and her maid of honour, it was a advertising stunt for a hotel , they were sitting on  top of the rear seat squab , waving regally to the crowds on the beach, I could see what was going to happen , so I hove to ,

sure enough as the car turned broadside on to the waves , it started taking on water , lot's of shrieks from the girls , panic from the driver , I shielded the carboat until he managed to turn back , he drove/cruised back as fast as he could ,

never seen a carboat surf up the beach b4 LOL , Miss Bournemouth hit the driver with her bunch of flowers and stormed off ,

anyone know this car 1960's

That would be the one Roco.

Now something that ugly and old and European?

But I will try.

Any clues?

The won their class at Le Mans 24 hour,  body shell made of alloy ,in its  National racing colour ( like the uk's british racing green )

Hey Guys , bit offtopic , but Ugly car !  I find the USA/European car tastes so remarkably different , some  time back I posted a picture of the Citroen DS, still considered a design Icon in Europe, but ugly in the states ?

and yes we think the American cars are Ugly, no insult both ways I am sure ,

I think the  main difference is even back in the 60's we had the need for streamlined cars with small engines, as fuel cost have allways been higher than in the states,and led to 2 totally types of cars, also the roads in Europe were more suited to smaller cars with good handling, I have never driven a car in the UK with cruise control :lol:

But back in the 60's I had a drive of a Chev bellair conv. it drove like a bus, and wouldn't fit down some of our sideroads , my own car at the time was the Mini Cooper S , so it was from one extreme to another, guess horses for courses, sums it up ,      

I will post the answer to the car in 1/2 hour as it is rare one,

2cylinder 750cc roller bearing crank, drysump , family car, normaly hardtop , French, 

P.S. my revenge for failing to recognise the Brit Singer  roadster  :lol:

Hi Guys , I found a Singer Team car at http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/motoring_exhibits.cfm

I took the grandchildren for a day out, the aircraft picture is off the terrible 2, nah, only kidding they are great, they had just been given instructuion on flying a 4 engined jet,  the stall light had just come on , follow by the warning siren just after I took the Pic. they both left their seats by about a foot ,  :lol: yeah ok, it made me jump also, :lol: ,

I got to sit in a De'Haviland Chipmonk, the last time was 43 years ago, either the plane has shrunk, or I have got bigger,  :shock: no comment  :roll:

The car I posted above with the steer haed was a 1948 Chrysler Town and Country "Woody"

made for Leo Carrillo the actor that played Pancho on the old western series "The Cisco Kid'

Roco ; Those look like veteran pilots there. Good trick on making them jump.

It's amazing how objects get smaller as we get older.When I graduated High school I weighed 165 & wore a 30 inch waist pants now at 190 usually about a 36" waist.

What I was suprised was how long the Singer cars had been around & the first time I ran across one was on ebay.

My Car.

DSCF0024.jpg

New Motor Running.

DSCF0076.jpg

i took it for a drive after putting the hood on only to have the heater core after 34 years finally crap out and release coolant in the passenger floor.

It sucks,but my dad bypassed it and i took it out around town. i think i have about 40 miles on the new motor. i want to get the new core in by next week to take the car down to a car show a few towns over.

Turbo 350 with a shift kit, 10 bolt GM  3.73 out of a station wagon,straight pipe exhaust

i pulled out the condensor box today with my dad {that thing in the left corner} and putting in a new blower motor. i grabbed a "squirrel cage" and a non A/C box out of a 72 convertable impala out in harry's u pull near my house a few years back.

I do plan on getting a new air filter{it's old} and maybe a set of Keystone/Cragar SS rims and possible re-paint the car just primer grey with some parts black.