The Car Thread

amc11890

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally with the world down on the US I am at the point that I just don't care what they think any more. So if they hate us, so be it. How much more can they hate us if we just leave them alone. Totally. Even food, aid, Sudam, oil sold to USSR, wheat to USSR, weapons, soldiers, Foreign Aid, jap cars and bikes (purchasing power), electronics, etc...

Only the Allies who want to play ball should be on the court. Otherwise go find your own court.

Nothing personal Roco or others. Just tired of the same thing cholla was talking about. Canada and Mexico should have to pay for our protection, and let the world know it.

Canada because as I have read (no one in this forum) believe we are bullies and should stop what is going on. When they have virtually no army to speak of. The same if not worse for Mexico, since they treat us so badly. (No mentions necesary.) I have a feeling we would gain allies willing to bargain immediatly as soon as they realized they were cut off.

Damned off the topic track again! (is Reso hiding someone near)  ;)

Hey cholla, you forgot chainsaws, lawn mowers, snow blowers,  outboard motors, high-performance, mopeds, scooters, snowmobiles, karts, model airplanes (and other model vehicles) and motorized garden appliances like tillers.

But I still believe if they stuck to spending the extra $$ they spend on figuring out the fuel source for cars and go E85 they could make it work much more efficiently, cheaper, and better for the ecology and economy. And just use the present flex cars until they get it figured out. it was said that the Hybrid uses fuel also, OK. But as much? And no expensive technology is necesary right now to get it started. Just incentives to improve the fuel efficiency of them. Heck if they put the pressure on the automakers, they will find a way!

I am even considering buying my wifes next car as a flex fuel car. Last time I checked, it was not very much more than a regular fuel car. Mainly all they probably do is change the fuel supply lines and such to handle different fuels. I can produce my own fuel (some of it) right here in the country. Farmers all around, any direction.  :lol:

Last time I checked, it was not very much more than a regular fuel car. Mainly all they probably do is change the fuel supply lines and such to handle different fuels.

Ethanol at e-85 levels will eat through any rubber hoses/seals/etc.. You just need to eliminate any rubber in the fuel system and you can run on e-85.

In NY, at least on Long Island, our gas comes with 10% ethanol(replaced the MTBE's that were outlawed).  At that percentage, it won't eat through the rubber, and no retrofit is required.

tommie;I did leave out a few two-strokes .The only one in the additional list I've used is the chainsaw.When I had a boat it was an inboard.

I'm usually the one on the seperationist or isolationist soap box.Good to see someone else there for a change.I guess I'm like most I waiver once in a while.

On thinking about it I'm all for more ethanol.I would have to do a few mods to get rid of some neoprene fuel line but other than that not too many other things.

tommie how is ethanol on fuel injectors of the kind most cars come with?Do you have to change to ones made for ethanol if you know.Some if not most carb needle valves have a neoprene tip but they did make some all brass & some aluminum needles at one time.But the less foreign oil the better.

I also haven't looked into this can we make polymers out of vegtable oil?

I knew about the stover .It is good compost for the feild but probably wouldn't require all the leave on now.

In my part of the country I wouldn't let any corn be grown.They do grow it around here but it uses a lot of irrigation water.We city dwellers have to drink a mix of lake & well water.So the farmers can have plenty of ground water.They say around 95% goes for irrigation.The only reason we get any well water in the mix is the lake has such a high salt content the have to weaken it to meet state standards.So the least the farmers here could do is grow wheat A lower water use crop.Then they want us to water our yards conservativly .We even have an oil man named T. Boone Pickens who wants to pump the well water from here to sell down state.So go figure.

I don't know if I would call it a soap box or not.

But damn it, I just see no way we can not afford to do something else. I spend close to $100 a week in fuel. Part of the reason I am moving my location of rentals ( location, not houses) to a place 35 miles closer  to my house.

How do kids with minimum wage stay having fun. And we all know raising minimum wage only gives the gov't more taxes. My kids have to grow up in this enviroment, and listen to "back when fuel was reasonable" stories from me if it does not change soon.  :angry4:

I bet many have already looked for one of those soap boxes, if you have any left for sale.  ;)

I'll bet it is getting to be a good time to buy old gas guzzling parts cars for performance about now.  ;)

Almost forgot, my wifes fuel cost is seperate from that figure. She picks up the rent and such.  ;)

tommie ; the only light I see at the end of the tunnel on fuel prices is the oil companies are making money but it is costing other big business.This fact is what I see bringing prices down some.If it was just the regular people & lower income people suffering then I think they would continue or get worse.

I don't know what exactly they use in your state here food stamps have been replaced by something that looks & works like a credit card.Not that the user has to pay it back like a credit card.It just looks like one & has a magnetic strip.It,s called "The Lone Star" card.

The point of this is I'm waiting to see if the state is going to issue one to the people on welfare one to use for gas or add this to the lonestar card.I haven't seen anyone use one this way yet but who knows.

It burns me sometime when I see a woman(Usually a minority) Push a basket full of groceries with two more full behind being pushed by her kids & out come the LoneStar card & she pays nothing.& I'm behind her in line with half a basket .I guess it would be too much to ask that they have a Lone Star card only line so at least I didn't have to wait.Since I will be paying cash.

Lower income folks do have those here also. So they find ways around selling the stuff off. But the only way I have heard of is to buy the groceries themselves.

And the ones I muddle with use the bus usually. Except maybe on grocery runs and such.

They will never do that for gas, as it shows a form of $$, which they do not care if they even own a car. It is a choice to own one at their own total expense. They do not even care if they own a pet, in fact it is in the HUD agreement that they can not own pets here! But I will allow birds in a cage, or fish. Something not damaging to the property. I gave up allowing dogs and cats, as they push the extra mile.

tommie;Here i've seen the same one load the welfare groceries into a nice car more than once.I didn't mean to imply the government would start adding gas to help the people out.It would be so the oil companies wouldn't make less because these people cut back.

That might have been their parents car. Or they might also have a job. They also get the card if they have several children. Several welfare folks actually have real jobs. I am not sure how they make it sometimes. They can not own anything nice. Don't worry I still believe welfare is abused, but for some it is a neccesity. But it is their choice to get in some of those predicaments.

Have you actually ever known a welfare family. They are nice folks, most times. But believe me, I don't own anything in the true ghetto. just a poorer part of the city. But crime still exists, but not as bad as in other areas.

Anyway off topic enough.

I also don't think the oil Co. will be loosing any sleep over them not using as much fuel. They have us working stiffs to take up the slack in the fuel we do use.

It did not stop the UK. Roco paints a picture of our future if we do not make some changes.  :icon_shaking:

tommie ;I have known a few people that got food stamps but this was a temporary thing for them while actually out of a job & looking for one.Soon as the found one the welfare stopped.In other words used like it was intended.

I guess it is sort of on topic it's about cars people on welfare drive.

I think most of these are people with several children & I'm pretty sure it's their car.The signs of children being regular passengers are there.It might even be in one of the childrens names to hide who owns it.

Nice folks maybe but they still don't mind taking tax payers money to support decisions they have made.So these tax payers can't spend the money they earned on their own life.So what ever they take makes the tax payer their slave working to make them money while that part of the taxes are earned.So one mans welfare is another mans slavery.

I understand your view since some of the houses you rent are HUD I think section 8 is what they call it isn't it.& this is a guarantee of a sort for a landlord.If you didn't rent HUD it would continue anyway.But just remember the rent you get from those nice people is from the sweat & sacrifice of a working tax payer.

I will only slightly go into this.Overpopulation is the problem.Simple formula.Too many people = too many resourses used = increased demand = shortened supplies = increased cost.

We won't see it most likely but wait till your children are trying to live in a world with 16 billion people if it keeps on the way it has that's what it will be by around 2040 to 2050.Then double that again by 2100.Then imagine what the air will be like.

So all electric vehicles & other things that either burn clean or power without burning will at least help.

btw: any reference to men includes women

I thought I would add a electric car also

Hi guys , we got a new motoring law on our UK statute books, I kid you not.

A car can be now confiscated if it "is causing, or is likely to cause, alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public".

How is a policeman supposed to know what the general understanding of 'annoyance',or 'alarm' or 'distress' is defined as?

well my  flashy neighbour with his new BMW annoys me , slamming his car door at 6AM, :angry5:

now where have I left that phone  :lol: :lol: :lol: