The Car Thread

amc11890

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a Corvette or even a Chevrolet thats why it's one of a kind.There were a few others made but all but this one was destroyed.& it was more or less smuggled out in pieces & reassembled.But legal I guess it sold at auction last year for $3,240,000 .

That might make it the world's most expensive car.

MYRIAGON ;This is the ones you posted.

1954 Corvette Nomad Wagon Concept. Chevy developed a series of concept vehicles based on the new Corvette. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint), the Corvette part of the equation never materialized. Of course, Chevy did release the Nomad the following year under the the Belair line. As far as I know, this is the only one ever made by Chevy.

amc11890;coknuck got it

MYRIAGON ;This is the ones you posted.

1954 Corvette Nomad Wagon Concept. Chevy developed a series of concept vehicles based on the new Corvette. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint), the Corvette part of the equation never materialized. Of course, Chevy did release the Nomad the following year under the the Belair line. As far as I know, this is the only one ever made by Chevy.

LOL.....Very good ! ... ;)

The "54" f-85 you posted reminded me of the "54" Corvette-Nomad Concept I saw a few years ago when looking at other concepts, So I had to post those pix........ :D

1956 Oldsmobile Golden Rocket

The body of the two-passenger Golden Rocket was made of fiberglass. The roof panels lifted to ease entry into the car, and the instrument pod was in the center of the steering wheel. The car's Rocket V8 engine produced 275 horsepower.

At first glance I was thinking T-Bird because of the tail end.

Had me stumped though till I found it on the net..... :shrug: