The Car Thread

amc11890

MYRIAGON;Good answer on the Golden Rocket.

On the Ford Fairlane retractable hardtop one of my uncles has one.The top retractc into the trunk but it still has trunk space .There is an area the is a rectangle  made of metal walls that is under the center of the top when it's retracted,This is where lugage & other items go.

I think there is a modern car with a retractable top also .I need to check but I think some models of the Mercedes Kompressor have a retractable top.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coknuck;I had a little advantage .The second car I learned to drive in was a 1954 Buick Special 4 door sedan.It was also my granddads but it was his good car so he didn't let me drive it till I had a learners permit .Then he always accompanied me in it even after I got my full licsense.Now I know why.Back then I didn't.

tommie;I kind of mix it up hard & easy but if I get almost all of them that bores people too.

I always liked these too bad the stopped making them.A lot more aerodnymic than most small pickups

dlewis23 ;I been a car guy since I could crawl so no wonder.I do leave some for the rest to guess.

I never did get a 100% ID on the old Mercedes & I took the picture.I just forgot to label it.I think it is a 1935 or 1936  Mercedes 500K Special Roadster.

Heres you one to identify.

cholla........

My uncle had a pickup just like that from the time when I was in diapers, and he had it till I was late in my teens.

To this day ( at age 82 ) he still drives a NISSAN pickup, brand new though  ;)

Not sure about the year (guessing) around 60-61 Datsun and or Nissan pickup, I don't know the model name though.

MYRIAGON ;You're correct.a 1960 Datsun pickup.It could be a late 1959 That's when the first one arrived.

Datsun 1000 only featured a 1000cc, 37-horsepower 4-cylinder engine and a quarter-ton load capacity, it was the precursor of better things to come. In immediate iterations, the engine size increased to 1200cc and horsepower to 60.