The Car Thread

amc11890

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll give you all a break. Its a 1953 Ford Vega. It almost looks like the predecessor to the Cobra. If you can't figure out the first one let me know and I'll give the answer.

Here is the link to the 1953 Ford Vega:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=181389

I couldn't find either of the vehicles you posted........Stumped me but good... :oops:

Still nobody has got the one from post # 318 either.....CLUE= Ralph Nader probably wouldn't like it either. :haha:

MYRIAGON ;I almost had it I was finding it when you posted.If I hadn't checked out one called the Fitch Phoenix first I would have posted before you did.O well maybe next time.

1963 Chevrolet Corvair Monza GT Concept

cholla....Sorry about that......I should have waited a bit.

Looking at this site http://www.shorey.net/Auto/American/GM/Chevrolet/Corvair/htmltree.html

I never realized they experimented so much with the Corvair, GM had some nice designs happening.

No problem I was just happy I found it.Have you ever driven a Corvair.I've never owned one But a friend of mine had a couple.They were just regular production ones .But they would cruise at 80 mph.I found some of the Corvair concepts while looking for the one you posted.

Yes I have drove a Corvair, but I didn't know it till tonight  :icon_scratch:

My dad used to own a hardware, and in the early days when I was about 6YO My brother let me sit on his lap and drive our store truck all the time, looking back in my later years I always thought it was a Ford Econoline truck, but while looking at the corvairs I noticed they had one that looks a lot like the Ford but I noticed the Corvair had the the gate at the side instead of the rear and that's how our old truck was.

So I learned something new.

I put some pix below of the Ford/Dodge/Chevy p/u trucks, they look almost the same.

I never even knew Dodge made one till I saw one on Overhaulin last week, It turned out sweet. :cool:

MYRIAGON;I've never driven a Corvair pickup or van only the car & it wasn't one of the turbo spyders.I think if you look in this topic I posted some pics of the Corvair pickup & one shows the side open.

My dad drove an Econoline van for a long time.

There was a man here that had a customizing shop that drove an Econoline pickup he customized .Really cool looking.This was in the late 70's so I don't know where the pickup would be now.

I guess it is here instead:

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=14699.msg153292#msg153292

Hi  Reso......  it  is a E.German V.W pick up truck made by . Doh, the memory has gone, I know where one is, (25 miles  away  )  the name has  3  initials , this is driving me crazy,

so common pal , post the Answer,  :lol: otherwise  I will burn  a gallon of fuel in the 2CV  just too find the make,  :haha:

it's a hanomag. a tempo matador e.

Thanks Reso..... was it also known as H.M.A,? I was under the impression that Hanomag was a East German branch of Volkswagen ?

I got some news of F1  rule changes, looks like I cant enter a 2CV team unless I take the inertia dampers off :lol:

" What F1 has learned from the Citroen 2CV and why the FIA has to stop it

Ferrari and Renault have been informed in recent days that they have to change their front damping systems because they have moving parts inside the dampers and these are banned under Article 3.15 of the FIA Formula 1 Technical Regulations for 2006.

The concept was first used in the the Citroen 2CV in the late 1940s and was designed to reduce wheel patter, vertical oscillation of the wheels caused by the tyres. More recently, however, the same basic concept has been used in architectural design to reduce resonance created by wind or earthquakes."