The Car Thread

amc11890

I personally like the chrsler 300's, they look like bentleys

Hi AMC, when it got delivered at work , the story went around that it was a Bentley, I think it's the grill and surround , that makes it look that way,I guees it is the small block engine option here in the UK ,

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had any thoughts re the Hybrid Car in terms of mileage dekivery. the prius ? the ford escape hybrid etc

Right now Hybrids are not worth it because you end up spending 5,000 - 7,000 more for a hybrid when that money could be going to gas. 2007 and 2008 will be much better for hybrids because of what ford is doing with there hydraulic hybrid in the 08 escape and then with Honda reworking the current way of doing hybrid.

Right now Hybrids are not worth it because you end up spending 5,000 - 7,000 more for a hybrid when that money could be going to gas. 2007 and 2008 will be much better for hybrids because of what ford is doing with there hydraulic hybrid in the 08 escape and then with Honda reworking the current way of doing hybrid.

ok i agree that the money could be going on gas. however what about the environment? also, with gas prices accelerating, the 5-7k can be recovered in less time and servicing cost on hybrids are much lower particularly with brakes etc.

agree with you on the future . the improvements in the technology will make the hybrid a better prospect for car buyers.

ok i agree that the money could be going on gas. however what about the environment? also, with gas prices accelerating, the 5-7k can be recovered in less time and servicing cost on hybrids are much lower particularly with brakes etc.

agree with you on the future . the improvements in the technology will make the hybrid a better prospect for car buyers.

There are a lot of worse things happening to our environment as we speak than just cars. In the mean time I can't afford just to play their game of buying when it will change drastically  in the next few years anyway.

Just my thoughts.  :grin2:

There are a lot of worse things happening to our environment as we speak than just cars. In the mean time I can't afford just to play their game of buying when it will change drastically  in the next few years anyway.

hi Tommie,

when you say it will "change drastically"...in what way do you mean? the car companies surely must simply want to sell cars regardless whether they are hybrid or not?

thanks,

mike

Just my thoughts.  :grin2:

hi Tommie,

when you say it will "change drastically"...in what way do you mean? the car companies surely must simply want to sell cars regardless whether they are hybrid or not?

thanks,

mike

Car companies make more money if they make them more complicated. If I can no longer work on my own car they have more work for their mechanics and more of their parts sold.  Also being more complicated makes it easier to raise the price saying they are doing more good for the economy and ecology. Automotive politics. The only real economical change I have seen is smaller engines with much lighter cars. Much more slope on windshields. And more and higher gears in the transmission. Not really in the hocus pocus that they are selling. Fuel injection did not really increase fuel mileage that much. Or electronics for that matter.

Personally new cars suck. All brands. I can barely tell one from the other. What happened to the day you could tell what was coming down the road from 1/4 mile away.  Style is a thing of the past. BOREDOM for sale.

Again just my thoughts.

I love my 65 Mustang Fastback.  :smitten:

Personally new cars suck. All brands. I can barely tell one from the other. What happened to the day you could tell what was coming down the road from 1/4 mile away.  Style is a thing of the past. BOREDOM for sale.

i agree most new cars suck. There are very few cars that have that unique look to them.

• 1 year later...