The Car Thread

amc11890

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you had a rope start on that thing Roco.  :mrgreen:

Hi Tommie, you don't know how close to the truth you were there , indeed the pre show (1947) cars indeed did have rope starters , but after tests using female sectaries at Citroen, the idea was reluctantly dropped , but the 2cv had a starting handle to the end of production (1992 )

tommie;actually newer & not an MG but you are more on the right track.It's not a replica I actually got the pic off of ebay they were selling this car.But it's quite rare & I bet even Roco has a hard time identifying it.

amc11890;Much smaller than an old Bently

tommie;actually newer & not an MG but you are more on the right track.It's not a replica I actually got the pic off of ebay they were selling this car.But it's quite rare & I bet even Roco has a hard time identifying it.

im having a real hard time with this one, it looks like a old cadillac that ive seen

Riley /wolesey ?, bit lost on the later than MG, apart from Morgan , im lost on that one

We have had many discussions on cars in the past but we haven't had a "car" thread.

Basically discuss anything that you want that has to do with cars.

actually there is another car thread in off topic...here...

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=12758.0

and the two maybe could be put together...but if not...yeh this will eventually go to off topic...but for now...chat about ur cars boyz,  here in gen discussion... :D

tdawnaz;That ones on Dream cars this is on any car item.pic .article ,etc. you want to post.

I vote we leave it in General Discussion & see how big it gets.

Roco newer than a 1937 MG like tommie posted.

The Morgan is even closer in that both have wooden frames .At least that's my understanding on the Morgan & this car too.I will look for a shot of the frame if I can find one.This brand vehicle even has a car club.This is a later model but the company made its first car in 1906.It is English.

The pic was from one for sale on ebay it was in Canada.I won't keep you all or y'all (in Texan) guessing too long.

Below is a shot of the cars wooden frame

that's what i thought too cholla...they r just a bit different...but i didn't know we were voting :haha: ...and like i said i wasn't gonna move it for now...but eventually...it'll have ta go down under :evil6: j/k...but i like it here for now :)

amc11890 .Definatly not a RR.

Here are some specs I found;The price would be the price when made.Price now would 6 to 12 thousand.

Engine

Four cylinder, 73 mm. by 89.4 mm. = 1,497 c.c.

Overhead camshaft

Compression ratio 7:1

Maximum power 48 b.h.p. @ 4,200 r.p.m.

Single Solex F.A.I. downdraft carburator

Ignition Q.12. Lucas coil service No. 45020A

Gearbox and Transmission

Four speed gear box with ratios 4.875, 6.12, 9.45 and

14.53 to 1. Reverse 14.53:1

Synchromesh on second, third and fourth gears

Hardy-Spicer open propeller shaft

Spiral bevel final drive

Wheels and Brakes

16 inch bolt on steel disc wheels

5.00 X 16 inch

Girling hydro-mechanical brakes with 9 in drums

Steering

Burman high efficiency

Suspension

Front independent coil springs and wishbone, rear semi-elliptic leaf

Front Armstrong telescopic shock absorbers

Rear Armstrong direct acting hydraulic shock absorbers

Main Dimensions

Wheelbase 7 ft. 7 ins.

Track 3ft 10 3/4 in

Overall length 12 ft 9 in

Width 4 ft 10 in

Height 4 ft 10 1/2 in

Turning circle 33 ft

Ground clearance 6 1/2 in

Weight 15 1/2 cwt

Price

Initially for export only.

Roco; I just happened to run across it on ebay.I had never heard of one so I thought I would see if anyone else had.On looking up some of the specs I think the company also made a car line called Bantum which I had heard of. It suprised me because if what I read is correct Singer made cars from 1905 till some time in the 70's.With it's wood frame & it also looks like a Morgan .