Best photo software

asubaseball727

I haven't taken anything off a memory stick but I'm sure these would.All Freeware:

Ifranview version3.98

http://www.irfanview.com/

Image Analyzer (The full version costs a little  but the free version only has a couple of plugins disabled they put a red X across the pic if you use them.But this allows you to see how they work & if you need them)

http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/

I also have MS gif animator but it is for 9x OS so it would not work for XP I don't think.

I'm sure Photo shop will do more from what I've read about it but it also costs .

I haven't had photoshop  but I think everyone would agree it's at least close to the best image programs.I just posted the freeware ones I use because I assumed that asubaseball727 already knew photoshop was a good program.

What did the photoshop software all of you use cost you?

well photoshop is the best.

If you just want to do some super simple things really easy check out http://picasa.google.com/

Have you tried Paint Shop Pro? I think that it can do basically the same things as photoshop. I don't know about the current release of Photoshop, but one nice thing about PSP is that it has a smart photo fix that can fix lighting and stuff. Plus, the redeye removal tool doesnt just make a black dot, you choose from an assortment of real-looking eyes, and put them over the redeye (its also good if you wanna see what someone would look like with different color eyes, lol) Sorry if I sound like I work for them or something, I just like it better than photoshop ^_^

Have you tried Paint Shop Pro? I think that it can do basically the same things as photoshop. I don't know about the current release of Photoshop, but one nice thing about PSP is that it has a smart photo fix that can fix lighting and stuff. Plus, the redeye removal tool doesnt just make a black dot, you choose from an assortment of real-looking eyes, and put them over the redeye (its also good if you wanna see what someone would look like with different color eyes, lol) Sorry if I sound like I work for them or something, I just like it better than photoshop ^_^

photoshop has everything that paint shop pro has and tons more. psp is good, especially for drawling something from scratch. but it really doesn't come close to photoshop, nothing does.

Daiquirii;PSP would be the corel software you are using by backing up the trial date?So it is really a pay for software.I haven't tried the trial or actually looked at it yet.But I am going to take a look.What I have does most of what I need it to now but sometimes I could use one that does more.

dlewis23 ;I have tried the picasa & it will do simular things to what I have.I like the other 2

I use a little better & you only need so many.

Daiquirii;PSP would be the corel software you are using by backing up the trial date?So it is really a pay for software.I haven't tried the trial or actually looked at it yet.But I am going to take a look.What I have does most of what I need it to now but sometimes I could use one that does more.

Yes it is. I use the clock trick for paint shop pro 8, which was released by jasc (corel recently bought them out I guess.) Like I said, I dont know if it would work in the newer version, but the trial comes with all the features that the full  version does, it just has a time limit (psp8 was 60 days) 

Edit: lol php, I answered your question without you even asking it

when your software is the best you can charge that price.

In my view $649 is well worth it for photoshop, it makes my life so much easier.

when your software is the best you can charge that price.

In my view $649 is well worth it for photoshop, it makes my life so much easier.

Lol, some people dont have that kind of money to spend though, thats what I made at my summer job for the whole time 0_o. This is what I found on the corel site

"Special offer

Buy today and receive $20 instant savings on any full version of Corel Paint Shop Pro X.

Full

$99 USD

$79 USD

Upgrade

$59 USD

FREE when you buy

Paint Shop Pro X:

Corel

I don't know if either of these sites are ligitimate or if they deliver the software or DL.

I'm just putting them in as an example of what I found searching to see if I could find Adobe Photoshop CS 2 cheaper.Maybe they don't include the licenses like they should or something.If you go this route please check as carefully as possible & read the fine print.

I just want to make it clear that I am in no way endorsing the examples. & neither is testmy.net

http://www.softwareking.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ADBPS&Category_Code=APS

Adobe Photoshop CS 2 WIN Retail AE

Quantity in Basket: none

Code: ADBPS

Price:$321.49

Windows Version. Academic box. This is the same program as the retail box and is legal for both commercial and educational use.

http://www.superbuysoftware.net/adobe.php

Adobe Photoshop CS2

CS2 software, the professional image-editing standard and leader of the Photoshop digital imaging line, delivers more of what you crave. Groundbreaking creative tools help you achieve extraordinary results. Unprecedented adaptability lets you custom-fit Photoshop to the way you work. And with more efficient editing, processing, and file handling .

Retail price: $699.00

Our download price: $ 139.95

i use scanner and camera wizard...if u have windows, i think it will take pictures off just about any media...just "open with" and select scanner camera wizard...then u can edit with what ever program u choose...i use mostly photoshop but picasa works great too and it free thru google...i use windows picture and fax viewer...but picasa has a great picture viewer...i haven't tried...but u actually may be able to upload from ur memory stick to picasa...i'd check that out if i were u...then u could use one program for everything :D

cholla i dont think those places are ligitimate, adobe would not allow a real full version of photoshop go for that cheap.

I agree, they probably just bought like one copy, made copies of it and distributed it with the serial from the original. With programs like this as long as you have a working serial, they dont care how many times it is used. If they distributed one time use only serials, it would be pointless to give the cd, because then you couldnt reinstall it if you had to "wipe" your computer. You might as well go find an illegal copy for free online if your going to buy from a site like that, because the product you'd be buying would be illegal also.

edit: I'm not endorsing getting your product illegally, I'm saying the exact opposite, and testmy.net agrees that you should only buy a legal version.

That's why I put what amounted to a disclaimer on the examples.I would look & check out any of the lower priced versions.If I was going to buy Adobe Photoshop.I don't have it right now & don't need it enough to spend what it costs.

tdawnaz is correct Windows ME has this with windows I'm sure XP has something simular.

Imaging for Windows by Kodak. This will work but Ifranview works beter with my scanner.

It might just be I'm used to it.

Here's a screenshot of my Windows included program That automatically come up with thescanner and camera wizard.

I think it all comes down to what level you want to run at , for just cleaning up a photo Ifranview is ok , I have got Adobe and paint shop pro, I  found that for normal photo improvement they were too complicated,  :roll:

I have been using Adobe Photo Deluxe home v3 , it came free with my scanner, it works well for me, so well that I haven't reloaded Paintshop pro or photoshop , 

P.S any one tried Foxit  pdf reader, much lighter and faster than Adobe reader, ? (free )