XM Radio vs. Sirius

dn0

Which would you recommend?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you recommend?

• XM Radio
    • Sirius Satellite Radio

I am thinking about signing up for satellite radio.

I was wondering who was experienced out there with it, and which service you might recommend.

I have heard that the quality is not the greatest (even with my own ears, but could have been that particular receiver).

Any one else heard this, too?

I am thinking about signing up for satellite radio.

I was wondering who was experienced out there with it, and which service you might recommend.

I have heard that the quality is not the greatest (even with my own ears, but could have been that particular receiver).

Any one else heard this, too?

i have had both.. i had Sirius in my dodge truck i bought it at wal-mart $80.00 easy hook up and turn on but the radio i had in my truck sucked so i got a lot of static in some place's, so i took it out and put it in my wifes car sounds great digital music needs a digital radio Sirius has good choice of stations and no commercials.

bought a new trailblazer and it came with XM i like the channel line up but some of the station have commerail that really ticks me off since i have to pay for it but i guess it kinda like cable you pay for that to i guess you cant out run the advertising giants

hope this helped if not pm me

out tstillery      :evil6:

yes i like Sirius but i am using XM now due to the fact that my head unit supports XM and not Sirius.

The sound quality also depend on your head unit you can buy one that already supports ether Sirius or XM and your sound will be good or if you already have a good head unit you can buy the add on and your sound should be good but if the head unit is crap then your sound will be crap over all not bad for $12.95 a month for all the choices you get

hope this helps let me know what you get

out tstillery        :evil6:

• 5 months later...

I've had Sirius for over a year now and it's been flawless. The kids like Radio Disney on the way to school, I'll put Howard on on my way to work, some Elvis at lunch and some Hair Nation(80's bands) on the way home. I was listening to Sam Kinison on one of the comedy channels Friday. Uncensored. Awesome. He was the best!

Anyway, be careful on the receiver selection. Seems the FCC had an issue with Sirius receivers being way too strong and over taking regular radios channels. They ordered them to "tweek" them down a bit so some of the newer radios are weaker. I know this because my buddy at work just got a new Starmate and if I'm anywhere near him, my Sirius overtakes his. Meaning he gets to listen to whatever I have on. I followed him on the highway and let him listen to the Korean station for a few miles. Laughed my ass off.  :haha:

But really, works the same on regular FM stations. If my receiver is tuned to 90.1, and I'm next to you at a stoplight, and you have on 90.1 enjoying whatever crap might be on, you'll soon hear what I have on my Sirius. Just my opinion. XM  have Oprah.... [loser]

For anyone that lives in a populated area, I would strongly suggest you install a car stereo that is sirius/xm ready.  This way, you don't have to listen to a retransmitted version of your satelite radio, and you will avoid any static/interference.  It is going to cost a little more money, but the sound quality is worth it.

I get crystal clear sound anywhere, and everywhere I go.  I have never had one ounce of static, or bad sound.

I drive 4 hours to visit my father, and I never lose signal, or get any decrease in the quality.

However, I have heard many people complain on Long Island about the sirius/xm.  They complain about the static, and other interference.  I find these same people are using the FM transmitter.

• 1 year later...

I haven't used Sirius but I have XM built into my pickup and I love it. Price and channel selection would be my main deciding factors if I had the choice.(It was built in though so I just went with XM) Not that I would have chosen Sirius. I have never really looked into it because I am happy with my XM.