Need help from O'Fallon, MO

Foxtrot010

After experiencing a rather pleasant 2 years of service (3MB DL) from Charter in O'Fallon, MO without connection drops or speed problems, the service has turned into a nightmare and I'm wondering if anyone here in the St. Louis area is experiencing these same issues.

Charter has been out and checked all the incoming and outgoing signals and say that everything is in great working order.  I have replaced the cable modem (Motorola) with a brand new Linksys, and have swapped out cables in the house as well with no resolution.

Ever since this new 10MB speed and the "Aurora" system was brought to our area this has started occuring.  My modem keeps track of the critical error that is being received everytime I lose internet connection.  It happens all the time throughout the day and night and lasts until the modem resets itself automatically.  Here is the error.

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re-initializing MAC

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, but no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 timeout

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing

DHCP RENEW sent - No response

This on-going issue is gonna lead me to switch to DSL very soon.  Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this?  Keep in mind my equipment has been replaced and the signal quality is good on my end.  Thanks.

• 2 months later...

whats ur signal look like.  usually when it cant get the symbol timing your signal is really low, like snr is below 29,and Dbmv is below -12.  charter could of pulled a comcast, and oversubscribed and is now incapable of handling the tiers their offering.  charters great for me, but ive heard other people have issues with the 10/1 eating their bandwith.  i would stick with cable if at all possible, it is the future.  dsl is well nothing unless its fios.  cable can provide almost the same amount of bandwidth on a docsis 2.0 network without a complete fibre system.