small problem with loading topic

cholla

I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.This started after the site was down the other day.When I select a topic & haven't logged in.I get just the first post with no buttons like in the screen shot below.This doesn't happen with every topic but seems ramdom.

If I log in I have no problem with the same topic loading correctly.

Thats odd.. but im going to guess thats' an end user problem.. I dont think SMF as a software could have an error such as this , where it doesnt loads buttons and whatnot. Im guessing its something corrupted cached in your browser memory. If you see that again , use a different browser * at the time it happened * and see if it does it in that browser too.

Cholla, i've been having that problem too, it mainly happens on topics that have a lot of posts... But i'm using IE7 B3 so i dont know if thats affecting it at all :s

Again , beta software may have bugs in the caching process within the browser.

I'm using IE6 .I just logged out & I purposly didn't clear the browser cache.It loaded all the posts on the page but still no buttons.I took another screenshot & am posting just the very bottom of the page.btw I only have IE as a browser now.

I'm fixing to have to go this morning.But I will try later with clearing the cache & maybe a few other things.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.This started after the site was down the other day.When I select a topic & haven't logged in.I get just the first post with no buttons like in the screen shot below.This doesn't happen with every topic but seems ramdom.

If I log in I have no problem with the same topic loading correctly.

I have that problem here also and it's not an end userbrowser problem. I browse this forum not logged in with both IE7, Firefox 1.5.0.6 and Beta Firefox2 and in most threads I can only read the first 1 to 3 post.

TheHalf

huh.. that is really wierd.. I can see all of the posts.. but that error doesnt allow the buttons to pop up.. but then again it makes sence because you have to be logged in to have the buttons..

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: browser_detection() in /home/testmyn/public_html/inc/ads/inline_links_001.php on line 5

This all started after the down time a few days ago?  It is a site issue not user that for sure.

There's an error in the ad script... it only shows up when you're not logged in because the ads are set to only display to those who aren't logged in.

Hense the error string..

home/testmyn/public_html/inc/ads/inline_links_001.php on line 5

lol... sorry php ,  i had to. :D

WOW, thanks for bringing this to my attention.  Yes this is something that only shows up to forum guests not logged in members.  This went for a long time unseen because...... well... I'm always logged in, so I never noticed it.

Needless to say, I've fixed the error.  I just wonder how long this has been an issue.  Again, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention.

- Damon    owner/admin

CA3LE;For me not long only since the shutdown a few days ago.I usually log in if I'm going to be here a while but if I'm doing other surfing & just want to check quick to see if anything is going on at testmy.Maybe check a topic or two.I don't log in..

I have done it this way for a long time & no problem till the shutdown a couple of days ago.

I don't know if anyone else had the problem before that.

It worked correctly this morning.

CA3LE;For me not long only since the shutdown a few days ago.I usually log in if I'm going to be here a while but if I'm doing other surfing & just want to check quick to see if anything is going on at testmy.Maybe check a topic or two.I don't log in..

I have done it this way for a long time & no problem till the shutdown a couple of days ago.

I don't know if anyone else had the problem before that.

It worked correctly this morning.

Well, that's good to hear.  I was wondering how long it was like that... because it worked fine when I first wrote that script... but since the shut down, for some reason, a certain function of php isn't available.  I'll need to look into this and see wtf is up  :)

-D