computer/router problem pls help

frostedgem

Ok, I'll start from the begining. I just switched my ISP from Verizon DSL to ClearWire. I have 2 computers, both wireless. Alright, Now let me get to the problem. I went in to Network Connections and it says that I'm connected, but when I tried to access the internet I keep getting "The page cannot be displayed", so I doubled checked to make sure that I'm connencted and I am. The signal strength is very good. I contacted the tech people for clearwire, and spent 2 and a half hours on the phone trying to firgure out what was wrong. We reset the modem and the router. I even disconnected my wireless adapter. Anyways, he had me go into run>ipconfig /all and I get this

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name: Susie

Primary DNS Suffix:

Node Type: Unknown

IP Routing Enabled: no

WINS Proxy Enabled: no

DNS suffix search list: domain_not_set.invalid

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS suffix: domain_not_set.invalid

Description: Linksys Wirless-G USB Network Adapter

Physical Address: 00-0F-66-E7-44-EB

Dhcp Enabled: Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled: Yes

IP Address: 192.268.1.65

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

dhcp server: 192.168.1.1

dns server: 192.168.1.1

Lease obtained: Sunday, August 13, 2006 3:50 08 AM

Lease Expires: Monday, August 14, 2006 3:50 08 AM

The tech guy wasn't much help, all he could tell me was that my computer wasn't recognizing the router. Now I don't think that it's the router causing the problem because I can connect to the internet with no problems on the other computer. If anyone can help me, please do! Thanks.

what type of router do you have?  DSL requires PPPoE to log you on to a dsl system.. my guess is that you need to turn that off and you should be fine.. I would just hold the Reset button on the router... That will reset the entire router  now you just need to set up the wifi security..

BTW welcome to the forum!

Is your computer set to obtain an IP automatically?  Your IP is set wrong for your network configuration...

LOL! I didn't even see that.  :roll:

Linksys router, right?

I have the same problem with my laptop. My friends can bring theirs to my house and connect, no problem, but I go to their house and avg, etc will update, but I can't surf the web. Haven't figured it out in 6 months. More I read about networking, the less I understand. Shouldn't someone x out his physical address?