Quick Question

Doriginal

:D You guys really know your stuff. The settings you gave me blunted are holding up very Nicely. I get consistent speeds of 20+ all the time now.  I just have one more question, When we tweaked all my settings, I was connected through a direct line from my modem to my PC. Now that the settings are correct, I need to hook back up my router.

Normally I have two direct connections into my router for two PC's, and one wireless connection for my laptop. I have a Motorola surfboard modem, and a Linksys 2.4 GHz wireless broadband router. Now after I re hooked everything back up to the router, my speed has gone down a couple of Mbps. I know this is to be expected, but my question is, should I enter some new settings into cablenut to account for the router?

Thanks Again  :D

Hey, As far as that chart goes, my router is listed to handle boost speeds.

So thats good news, thanks for that FAQ u posted. I'm still curious if there are a few more tweaks I can do because I cant seem to get above 21mbps on this site no matter what time it is. On optonline I get consistently 25-26mbps all the time. But sites like these I get no more than 21. On sites like cnet I get 5326.4 Kbps for the bandwith test. And dslreports I get 3425 kbps. Now those last two are way off but why does my speed still seem to be capped? I asked optonline directly and they say there is no cap. Any more advice? Thanks All

that might be the most you can hit cause your node might have alot of users on it and its why some people are faster than others to some sites.  just like me and one of my friends i can only get about 25  mb on dsl reports and my friend always hit 29 mb but on speakeasy he hits only about 20 mb while i hit about 30 mb. 

how many tests did you do cause it seems speakeasy is overloaded sometimes and i get a low 1 here and there also.  here is another test i get good speeds to but this also has been overloaded lately so see how it is.

http://myspeed.visualware.com/bandwidth/continuoustest.html  it will test 5 times in a row automatically

ftp://ftp1.optonline.net/ -- download the 512 mb test file and tell me what speed it is at around 1/2 way through it.

http://www.optonline.net/Your_Computer  -- type your name and password and pick speed center and tell me those results also.