7000 Hardware Info ?

WiFo

PM sent. Any donations greatly appreciated, and I canb provide proof of purchase. It will all be used for research. I have a 7000, and a 6000 coming. Adding a 4000, and any others (including dupes) could not hurt.

Tonight I will have some time to see about dumping the 7000 firmware.

Cheers

Ok, I have 20% of the firmware disassembled. I am going through, adding comments to the different regions. Good news, I can actually access the IO's easily enough, as well as compile some simple tcp utilities.

I really need to dump the root password, or find a way in to the shell with even greater permissions.

I have a script running now, checking port status at different stages, looking for holes.

So far port 87 is proving very useful.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me how to use the "vxworks boot" prompt to dump the image (over serial console), and capture it, ie: with "d 0,5000000" (for 8mb 0x800000) ram until it gets an exception error. then again with the boot image decompressed in memory (with " l " command).  then using some hex to bin convert the file, then use IDA to disassemble it?  my board is ARM940T, what options do I use in IDA?  anyone have some experience? I don't know if I can jtag the unit with just parallel port and resistors.  Thanks

OT: Can someone help me reassemble this file? (I want a COFF-Arm-Little ARM940T) and to load it in IDA, is it possible to recreate the text, bss, sections or get the symbol table? Its a vxworks image.  I manage to find "debug reconfigure-rom and debug start-test-server, but I have no idea what start-test-server does expect open port 9997) 

Please tell me what other boards I can post for help.. Thanks

http://www.mytempdir.com/1061391