Display>Screen Saver>Power Schemes help!

ratchet

Unless I set the shutdown time really low, like five minutes, it really only arbitrarily shuts the monitor off, e.g. 20 minutes might take 35.  Even set at five took over eight.  When I test it at one minute it works great.  I have a theory!  I have a program called Weather Pulse and have enabled a Desklet temperature window that displays on the Desktop.  I believe it checks the Weather Channel for data every five minutes and perhaps my pc senses this as the monitor being in use and restarts the time line every time it checks the WC.  Appreciate any thoughts!

Unless I set the shutdown time really low, like five minutes, it really only arbitrarily shuts the monitor off, e.g. 20 minutes might take 35.  Even set at five took over eight.  When I test it at one minute it works great.  I have a theory!  I have a program called Weather Pulse and have enabled a Desklet temperature window that displays on the Desktop.  I believe it checks the Weather Channel for data every five minutes and perhaps my pc senses this as the monitor being in use and restarts the time line every time it checks the WC.  Appreciate any thoughts!

if i remember correctly, the computer would see a desktop weather ap as activity when it does check for weather updates. if you were to turn that off, does it still take longer then the time you selected.

I haven't tried that experiment.  However, let me ask you this:  I have an LCD monitor.  At one time it was not good for a CRT to just have one image showing for a long time, however, with later technology, I believe that was no longer an issue.  Does it make any difference if this LCD were to show the desktop for long periods?  Thank You!

I haven't tried that experiment.  However, let me ask you this:  I have an LCD monitor.  At one time it was not good for a CRT to just have one image showing for a long time, however, with later technology, I believe that was no longer an issue.  Does it make any difference if this LCD were to show the desktop for long periods?  Thank You!

it doesnt matter how long the same image is displayed for on a LCD, there is no burn in, like on a CRT.

hmm didnt know that, ive actually had my lcd monitor on at work displaying the same image for about 3 1/2 weeks with no burn-in, The CRT next to it had burn in.

I found an article about it here. Burn-in on an LCD is called Image persistence. It doesn't seem, from reading the article that it happens often.

Thanks for the link , as I have just bought a lcd , and had turned off screensaver,

it seems that Lcd will recover though,  :thumbsup: