Damn Media! (I am Angry!)

water

I am SO angry at our country's passive agressive acceptance of the media that I could spit!

As a specific reference I will state that the coverage of the JonBenet Ramsey case has utterly sickened me. And if you don't know what I am talking about, please don't reply saying you don't know :-P.

We have become a country no longer ruled by it's people, but now ruled by the few people in it's media and that is a frightening thing. We have become deaf to the reality that is not seen on tv.

Here we go:

We have illegal aliens and thousands will protest that but will not protest uncontrolled access of the internet in schools. We'll fight AGAINST people we don't know, but we refuse to fight FOR the people we love.

We have unanswered murders in our own community, but decide instead to pay the most attention to the (admitted and painful vision of) the murder of a pretty 6 year old girl that we never met. From 10 YEARS ago!

We have starving children hiding from gangland violence, but we get sold on a commercial about a stranger in Ethiopia ( which is a great cause, yes, but not a great one until we control our own causes.)

Tell me - if you have been watching tv for the past 4 days about this JonBenet thing - tell me what your kids have been doing? (I didn't watch it all until today when my kids went to their dads). I KNOW what my kids were doing, but after digging into it, obviously there are a lot of people who cannot - because they are devoted to the past, instead of the present.

Now... let me ask, why are we giving credance to these news reporters who are admittedly looking for their own pulitzers, and promotions and that is compounded by their agencies looking for the bottom dollar in sales?

This may be a rant, but we NEED to look inside of ourselves as to where this world is going, and this is the perfect place with the perfect people to do so. Do NOT buy the damn enquirer! Do not give relevance to the crap the media is spewing! Look inside YOURSELF and decide if what you are watching is somthing that you want to give credance to. WE are all the containment that the media will get, and truth be told, they are WAY out of hand.

Yes, I am upset. But you should be as well, my 7 year old got afraid of a commercial ,and for the first time ever, was crying in the shower. THAT is NOT acceptable.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart goes out to you and your 7 year old. Truly.

I hate the media. The ones that aren't leeches are vultures. They thrive off others' misfortunes and are definitely just doing it for their 15 minutes of fame. Jon Benet's death was a tragic thing and the police botched the investigation. We may never know who killed her but the media needs to just let her soul rest.

And don't get me started on fixing our domestic problem before trying to fix every other country's problems.  :angry5:

We know the government controls the media.Bush being President is enough to prove that.

On JonBenet Ramsey  she is just this perverts ticket back to America.Out of a worse prison & where he won't get any sentence for JonBenet Ramsey's murder because he didn't do it.

Where did he get the information.Well let's assume he has family & money here.Let me have a &100000 or so .I'll get the "right" privite investigator who'll put the money where it needs to go & I'll have the unreleased information for any crime I want.Then all they had to do was get him the information.

I too am sorry your 7 year old was scared.I'm not sure which commercial got to her.The Ethiopian one I guess.I know the type flies blowing a malnourished child.

actually she got upset at a commercial about a blond boy in an attic and another commercial about "the 4400". But the lines of a childs eyes are not the lines of our eyes.

We need to stop the abuse of tv by the media, but I don'tknow how to do that while retaining our freedoms...

I guess commos sense would be the answer .Then there is no need to change the freedoms.But that's a commodity in short supply.

Kind of strange shows have ratings that even can be filtered with a V-chip but if it's a commercial or preview almost anything goes.

I scared a freind of mines child several years ago without thinking.He was intently watching some show & I reached over the back of the couch & grabbed him(not hard) & growled.He started crying & I felt bad about it.I just intended to make him jump a little.So chldren definatly see things different.That was a long time ago this kid is around 30 now & turned out OK.

We need to stop the abuse of tv by the media, but I don'tknow how to do that while retaining our freedoms...

I don't know how to do it either with out resorting to full censorship. Maybe that's what it's going to take, though.  :shrug:

Love your new tagline, BTW, water!  :haha:  :haha:

On JonBenet Ramsey  she is just this perverts ticket back to America.Out of a worse prison & where he won't get any sentence for JonBenet Ramsey's murder because he didn't do it.

There's a story on the 10 o'clock news right now about that turd. He flew 1st class back to the States, sipping champagne and chardonnay and eating shrimp. WTF?!?!?!

Would not know what to say, except this is the world they will grow up in. And it is up to us to educate them in what is right and wrong.

It is also up to us to explain it to them so they can understand it. Unfortunately I will not be around my children as long as most parents, but I am sworn (to myself ) to be the very best parent I possibly can.

philp ;I don't know why the topic title keeps changing.I don't think any mod would go to the trouble.I know you can change the title on your post.The topic starter can change the title but I thought it only changed it from that one on .I'm not sure a non mod can even do that now after the time to modify limit.

tommie I noticed you said you wouldn't be around your children as long as most parents.I hope that's because you had them later.On that my dad dies at 54 when I was 27 so I didn't have him around long enough for me anyway.

There's a story on the 10 o'clock news right now about that turd. He flew 1st class back to the States, sipping champagne and chardonnay and eating shrimp. WTF?!?!?!

The Queen turned to me this morning, and said Sir Roco, when we get up. Tell  that Water person she can have him back in her wardrobe anytime  ;)   

I haven't watched tv in a looooong time.  It's been months.  I watch movies and that's it.

As far as music... I rarely listen to a radio.  iPod in the car and my music library at home.

So no commercials or embellished news stories for me... lol.  Although I sometimes read news online...

I haven't owed a TV for 10 years  :shock: but the license people still search my house every couple of years or so,  :whaa: , I was beginning to think it was compulsory to own one,  :lol:

P.S. do you have to have a licence to own a TV in the states ? $228  a year in the UK

Blind people can get a discount though, also free if you are over 70 years old  :lol:

Roco ;Is that per tv set or for as many as you own?The satellite for mine isn't a lot more than that.I have a basic package.aprox 30 dollars a month. 60 + channels not counting local over the air channels.But if all I wanted was in the air reception it would be free.I can recieve 5 chanels fairly well this way & 2 more kind on fuzzy not counting the all Mexican language channels.

Hell with paying for the bidet.Just wipe with your hand like a man & wash it.  ;)  :haha:  :haha:

**** with paying for the bidet.Just wipe with your hand like a man & wash it.  ;)  :haha:  :haha:

That's sick!  Funny as ****, but still sick!  :haha:

Ever use the "boy scout one square of paper" method?  :shock:

No worres lovey, he wasn't in custody and whenever he left his seat he WAS followed.

It IS important to remember that this man is considered innocent until PROVEN guilty, and to add to that, he was NOT in custody.

The most imporatant facts right now:

The Thai government has expelled him for being "unwanted" in their country.

GREAT!

THEY sent him home, not the US taxpayer.

He was not charged under the US government rules, the marshal was there merely to insure he didn't try to flee and to put in an emergency restraining order if needed.

The next step is for Colorado to extradite him from California ( and that paperwork has already been done, and he isn't fighting it.)

I'm not as concerned with what he ate or drank on his way home to prison, what bothers ME more is the fact that so many people are pinning their hopes on him being the girls killer, and acting like it makes a difference in the child's existance.

Think about it, if YOU are a Christian, it doesn't matter if someone gets their come-uppance after your dead, you don't CARE, The media is feeding the frenzy within all of us, to promote hate against this man, and he WON'T get a fair trial, it will take MONTH'S to find an impartial jury and for what? For our tax moeny wasted, at the expense of a media thrill!

Sensationalism. That's all. We can sell tv ad's and newspapers because people want to care about a dead girl that had been dead for 10 years, and most assuradly IS resting in peace in the arms of her savior!

No worres lovey, he wasn't in custody and whenever he left his seat he WAS followed.

It IS important to remember that this man is considered innocent until PROVEN guilty, and to add to that, he was NOT in custody.

The most imporatant facts right now:

The Thai government has expelled him for being "unwanted" in their country.

GREAT!

THEY sent him home, not the US taxpayer.

He was not charged under the US government rules, the marshal was there merely to insure he didn't try to flee and to put in an emergency restraining order if needed.

The next step is for Colorado to extradite him from California ( and that paperwork has already been done, and he isn't fighting it.)

I'm not as concerned with what he ate or drank on his way home to prison, what bothers ME more is the fact that so many people are pinning their hopes on him being the girls killer, and acting like it makes a difference in the child's existance.

Think about it, if YOU are a Christian, it doesn't matter if someone gets their come-uppance after your dead, you don't CARE, The media is feeding the frenzy within all of us, to promote hate against this man, and he WON'T get a fair trial, it will take MONTH'S to find an impartial jury and for what? For our tax moeny wasted, at the expense of a media thrill!

Sensationalism. That's all. We can sell tv ad's and newspapers because people want to care about a dead girl that had been dead for 10 years, and most assuradly IS resting in peace in the arms of her savior!

Since my mother is Sicilian, I'm Catholic by default. And yes, we are ALL judged one final time and when it matters the most.

My point really was why the **** would that story have so much importance that it makes the lead story on the news?  :roll:

Since my mother is Sicilian, I'm Catholic by default. And yes, we are ALL judged one final time and when it matters the most.

My point really was why the hell would that story have so much importance that it makes the lead story on the news?  :roll:

NOW THAT'S ME being pised off at the media!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha: