Damn Media! (I am Angry!)

water

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Roco, any more ripoffs I should know of before I make my decision to come and visit?  :whaa:

That really sucks. What about a tax on using a toilet, radio, or coffee pot?  :evil:

Do they charge taxes to breathe or S#!t also?  :roll:

well the basic answer is Yes , if you drink coffee in a restaurant ,

yes if you use a toilet,

The radio is now free, but not long back you had to pay , and again for a radio in your car , that was extra , also in those days , for owning a dog, this caused many working families to turn out the family pet , that it was scrapped ,

do you have Inheritance tax ? when you die, any money (house, savings , insurances etc ) over

Yes we have the death tax also. But just make sure you don't give any sibling more then that and you will be fine. That would give any sibling a boost in their savings anyway.

But I do think it is unfair.

There are probably ways around it though also.

Put it in gold or something.

You could also give it to them prior to your own demise in some way. Just a thought. Cash $$ always works.  ;)

And believe me they will  :D , and you will get more out of it that way.  :D

Hi Tommie , yes a very unfair tax in my view also, just because somebody has been prudent during their life the Gov, grabs a handfull of cash ,  :angry5: then the Gov. complains us Brits are not saving enough  :lol:,

This Tax has been the ruin of many nobel families in the UK, they inherit the title and the manor house ( and why not,  it is their right ) then have to sell it to foriegn middle East buyers to pay the Tax. or give it to the Gov. and live in the stable block , while the house is opened to the public to view at $20 a ticket,  kinda rubbing the salt in the wound IMO ,

I guess it boils down to this:

"Do you prefer freedom of speech, or not?" (It is a sucky decision)

You could answer this best water.

I'm collecting my thoughts, My head exploded off my neck and rolled down the steps, I lost my thoughts all over the staircase, back soon with an answer.

Roco;Still curious do they tax you per television?

A side on this do they tax you for your computer?

third have you consisered one of the TV tuners for a PC or would they find that?

I really can't imagine some inspector coming to see if I had a TV.

Here anything of this type would violate "free speech" rights because we not only have the right to speak freely but to hear freely also.

You do hear of some of the satellite companies that sell Television programs.Like the one I use Dish.Going after people with their own descramblers or decoder boxes whatever you want to call them.I still think if these people used the right to hear free speech it would be a good defense.

I have thought I should sue them for not paying me a lease fee for the microwaves the hit my property with.I think there would be precedence for this since they say the ones with the decoding equipment are stealing these microwaves from them.So why should they be allowed to hit my property with their property for free.

Do you have any pics of that incident?  :shock:

Yeah - but it looks like a bird lost a fight with a cat and it's colon is laying all over my carpeting....

I have thought I should sue them for not paying me a lease fee for the microwaves the hit my property with.I think there would be precedence for this since they say the ones with the decoding equipment are stealing these microwaves from them.So why should they be allowed to hit my property with their property for free.

They would probably hit with mineral rights, eminate domain.  ;)

That would probably fit you to a tee water.  :-P

A quart of petrol and a match would fix that.  :laughing7:

Long before I would happily give it to them.

I bet the taxes would be a lot less for vacant land. And you could always build later.  :twisted:

well Bro. my view exactly but with petrol at $ 2 a quart , that maybe a problem  :lol:

But I guess for them, with the family manor house  being in the family for more than 400 years , it must hurt some ,

don't get me wrong I am all for sharing the countries wealth out more evenly, and I indeed only own a modest house , but it is not the working man that gains from this tax, 

tommie:eminate domain could be a possibility for their side.It kind of depends on where the courts go with thi.It is beginnig to meet more opposition when it's private business using it.

If used by the government it's supposed to be something for the general public good.

I need to do a little Constitutional search of eminate domain to see if it's even in the Constitution.

For mineral rights I can't see it involves any minerals except brass balls.  ;)

If I understand the Homestead laws in Texas.They have to wait for the owner to die & then take it from the estate if they can't pay the back taxes & late penalty fees.

That's only if the have it registered as their homestead.& The amount of land you can do this with is also limited.This also depends on in town or rural on the amount of land.

I guess it boils down to this:

"Do you prefer freedom of speech, or not?" (It is a sucky decision)

You could answer this best water.

K, I drank 3 beers so I could be lucid :D

Here we go. In this situation we aren

Oh LOL I have just read Waters  proposals to my cat , he gives it a NO WAY vote

and bloody hell I have only just got my crutches and now you want me to throw them away and become bionic ??( 3 year waiting list on the NHS in the UK )

and who the hell is gerald Springer ? oh LOL I am outa here

good night all ( 1.20 am )

Roco UK

water;I do speak up.I just don't have the same podium The Duke did.

Even those with a larger audience sometimes have trouble getting their message across.Look at Charton Heston the media always made fun of him for his NRA stance.I guess you could figure I'm a NRA supporter.Even if it becomes necessary I do dread the day when I might have to decide to take up arms against the United States government to straiten things out.With the hope that this would not result in another government that was worse & not willing to use the original Constitution as a basis for the law.

I'm more of a Sargent & we need a General.

water;I do speak up.I just don't have the same podium The Duke did.

Even those with a larger audience sometimes have trouble getting their message across.Look at Charton Heston the media always made fun of him for his NRA stance.I guess you could figure I'm a NRA supporter.Even if it becomes necessary I do dread the day when I might have to decide to take up arms against the United States government to straiten things out.With the hope that this would not result in another government that was worse & not willing to use the original Constitution as a basis for the law.

I'm more of a Sargent & we need a General.

But you can speak up and deny without using weapons. The difference is how you choose to fight.

I know that I can fight, but I choose to words to take my battle forward, or not. :) 

See what I mean? If we are one, if we are strong, we will prevail witout a shot fired, One thing I can say is that we have progressed to that point.

Since tommie is alergic to cats I won't say what some of my pets are.I actually like both.There are good housecats & there are bad ones that never should be anything but outside.

I will say this any pet I have had for many years has been spayed or neutered.So I have helped by not adding to the prpblem.

water : I would love to always live the way of peace.But I also believe in knowing my enemy.The Iraqis at least I know they live by the sword & them I know to use the same or better against them.

It's the ones like Bush you have to watch who pretend to be on our side but are the real enemy.

I will confess to being somewhat hypocritical in this: I'm a Christian & do believe in "Thou shalt not kill" but somewhere the American who can trace ancestors back to the Revolution & further (Not counting the Native American ones) takes over .In this I am willing to kill to preserve the American freedoms & die trying if I have to.But I intend to do everything I can to prevent death.

If i can win with words I will but i also remember how many battles that were won against the Native Americans with words called treaties.The correct word would be lies.So wheres the honor in those battles won with words.

I will end with a song lyric: Smiling faces tell lies, beware of the handshake that hides the snake.

OK, far be it from me to say I told you so. BUT the District Attorney of Colorado has made a statement that charges will not be filed against John Mark Carr because his DNA doesn't match that which was found at the scene or on her.

This is a PERFECT example of why we should not allow the media to be so entrenched in our lives. We've al lost a week of our lives, in some way we have heard this story, been involved in discussions about it (except tommie who lives in the backwoods ;) ) and Agrr3 who is on the flat part of the world ( LOL ) and of course, I will not talk about Shug and Cholla's little man loving that goes on.... (It's over there *points* ).

But this poor family has been hounded by the media yet again, and some lying scum has now gotten famous because of our media's Jerry Springer mentality.

We have to find some way to control this....