Damn Media! (I am Angry!)

water

What you ae doing right here is a start water. It has to startwith a seed. People have to know that some of us are tired of believing the crap that is on our DAMNED "BOOB" tubes.

It was named that for a reason. What Boob would believe everything that he sees second hand and put in the way that someone else wants it to be seen.

Backwoods, maybe. But just my mentallity. I live in the real world. But I do not have to be absorbed by it. i do not have to take it home.

I am not an idiot like those who believe what ever is there to be seen and read.  :binkybaby:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LIK

What you ae doing right here is a start water. It has to startwith a seed. People have to know that some of us are tired of believing the crap that is on our DAMNED "BOOB" tubes.

It was named that for a reason. What Boob would believe everything that he sees second hand and put in the way that someone else wants it to be seen.

Backwoods, maybe. But just my mentallity. I live in the real world. But I do not have to be absorbed by it. i do not have to take it home.

I am not an idiot like those who believe what ever is there to be seen and read. :binkybaby:

I like your backwoods :-P

*OK I felt that nudge and pinch*

I live 5 miles from the nearest town and major highway. And I live in  Mayberry RFD at home. Just let the others have the city. I work there in the city, and leave it there when I leave the highway.

"Green Acres" But not as far out.

I control my kids thoughts, a "Father can do that". I only do what is right. Give me the old shows, and Jerry Springer and Dr. Phil are not allowed in my home when I am home. My children know that I do not condone it.

Psychiatry is a state of mind. Depression is normally a form of giving up (not always). Most cases just need to go outside and breathe fresh air.

But if you decide to survive on your own, like I have, I got off my own butt and kicked it. I wanted more out of life, and did not need some high paid psycho to tell me that.  :D

*OK I felt that nudge and pinch*

I live 5 miles from the nearest town and major highway. And I live in  Mayberry RFD at home. Just let the others have the city. I work there in the city, and leave it there when I leave the highway.

"Green Acres" But not as far out.

I control my kids thoughts, a "Father can do that". I only do what is right. Give me the old shows, and Jerry Springer and Dr. Phil are not allowed in my home when I am home. My children know that I do not condone it.

Psychiatry is a state of mind. Depression is normally a form of giving up (not always). Most cases just need to go outside and breathe fresh air.

But if you decide to survive on your own, like I have, I got off my own butt and kicked it. I wanted more out of life, and did not need some high paid psycho to tell me that.  :D

DUDE I am So with you on that whole thing. I kicked my own ass too, and believe me, it wasn't easy :-P damn thing keeps getting bigger :-P

my point, which you have re-inforced is that MANY people (not you or many people on here) have forgotten what parenting is, and we need to stop forgetting :)

Here is a bad story as of late.

My sister-in-law thought it was wise to tell my oldest daughter that milk and juice was not good for her.  :angry4: Man did I blow up. I asked her why would god put fruits on trees and say eat of the fruit of the tree? I asked why would cows give us milk which is of GOD. She pondered for a bit, but decided that I would not give her bad info.

I confronted my sister-in-law at the next family get togather (yes in front of family) and asked her about this problem. She started and I finished. She then said don't get her started on peanut butter. We almost went around again. She finally decided that she was talking about the junk that si put in some of them. I told her to leave my childrens minds alone, or else. (by the way she is of Baptist faith).

She is a previous overweight looking to keep it that way. I told her they were young and will burn off any fat that they get in cvontact with.

I could go on and on. But I think you get my drift.

I will also take the day off to confront the schools if necesary. I have done this on many occasion. I also teach my children to say grace for their food always, even when eating out. "No exceptions." They don't mind it at all. I make them proud of what we do. And always pat them on the back whenever I get the chance. And always tell them I love them whenever I get the chance.

God love them.

Sorry, I guess we all have our moments.

Children are have such delicate and inquisitive minds. And that can be ruined so quickly if we let it get that way.

I wonder how many spend more time taking care of their lawn, watching a football game on TV, shoot the bull on the phone, wash their car, etc...

I wonder how many people will stop what they are doing to play a simple game like Candyland (or other similar board games), play catch, listen to them talk silly or laugh, just simply take time to make them feel like they are the most important thing in the whole world right at that moment. I try to do it as often as possible. Definitely at least one time a day.

I just did the candyland thing (guess who lost  ;) ). It means so much to just spend the last hour with them before they go to bed. A bed time story, watching a child's movie, just what ever is left of the day. I have the rest of the day, why not?

As an investment, I will be paid back many times over the rest of my life.  :D  *BEAMING*

On JonBenet Ramsey  she is just this perverts ticket back to America.Out of a worse prison & where he won't get any sentence for JonBenet Ramsey's murder because he didn't do it.

This is from reply #2 in the topic.I would say he didn't fool me.Neither did the media.

tommie : I could argue the milk & juice either way.It depends on an individuals metabolism whether this is true or not.For an active kid without a sugar metabolism problem it is fine.

If you have a sugar problem then fruit juice & a lot less milk spikes the insulin from the blood sugar rise which dorps it too low.This causes a continous eating cycle in susceptable people .Therefore weight gain .Funny thing the people that don't like milk in the diet use skim milk which has more sugar & will spike insulin worse than whole milk(or what they call whole milk.)

As for the junk in it unless you raise it all yourself then everyone gets the bad junk.

I like peanut butter too.& not the healthy kind real guinine Peter Pan.

I will not talk about Shug and Cholla's little man loving that goes on.... (It's over there *points* ).

waterRTBH: It's just Shug & me are secure in our manhood.It's over there *points* .& calling us pointy headed isn't necessary.  :haha:

It is just that at 7 years old and a normal metabolism, the last thing she needs to hear is that she is fat. She is built like I was when I was young. Skinny as a rail, could eat anything she wants, and stands still only when she falls a sleep. I could not gain weight til I was well into my 30's.

The way my sister-in-law makes it sound, she could cause my daughter to lose way too much weight  and get "Anorexia nervosa"

"eating behaviour is thought to originate from feelings of fatness ..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_nervosa

She is too damned young for that type of wrong influence. She already thinks she has to look her best in everyway. Which is cool, as long as she does not think she needs to loose weight.

tommie;I forget how young your kids are.I don't think dieting for weight loss should even enter into the thoughts of most 7 year old kids.Even one that are fat.Most need the fat to grow.I know there are some obese kids that need it but not the average to even some larger kid.

I know that's how I was put on some weight & grow 3 or 4 inches.When I got out of high school I was 165 to 170 & now I range 185 to 195 & still eat quite a bit.Not like when I was in high school .For instance my dad told me & my brother to slow down on the milk & drink some water.Than sounds bad on the first look now the rest of the story .Because he at least wanted some for his cereal & he wasn't going to buy more than 2 gallons a day.

2 gallons? Wow, sounds like me back then. I can't blame him.

My sister tried the same thing when she was young, got so skinny I told her one day she was not looking to good. She said "guys like that". She was getting ugly. She did not problems later, but you never know. Sorry for the pics, but that is what went through my head from a movie I saw about a young girl that went over board as a teen.

Maybe I worry too much, but I guess that is what good parents do.

Man I could eat my parents out of house and home. And seldom be full for long. Pig out til my belly button stuck out, and an hour later be hungry. Some folks thought maybe I was sick. My grandad, bless his soul, thought maybe I had worms. Almost had to eat tobacco. (you know those old time remedys).  :tongue2:

Me & my brother are just 2 years apart so at one time there were 2 eating machines in the house.My dad liked cereal for breakfast & got tired of no milk in the morning or having to go to the convenience store before he could have breakfast.

I'm glad no one thought of worms or tobacco.I guess we looked too healthy to have worms.

I had some bad experiances with tobacco as a young child.The good result of that was by the time I was a little older I didn't want any kind of tobacco habit.