Dual boot ubuntu

StingRayZ

Hey all,

I have been looking around for guides for setting up to dual boot xp and ubuntu linux and haven't found anything I like. I thought there was a guide here but can't find it. If someone could point me to a good guide I would appreciate it. I don't want to use vmware and I would like to do it without having to reinstall windows, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance

:-| i`ve used the dual boot betwen ubuntu and winxp for 6 months. the boot u should use is gnu root loader "something like that" which u can find in ubuntu cd. after u install the ubuntu while u also already have the winxp installed. the ubuntu setup `ll ask if u want to install the "gnu root loader" or not. from what i`ve learn. using the ubuntu root loader can make user to choice which os they want to load while booting. but if they don`t make any choose, the "gnu root loader" will automatically load the ubuntu. There alot that i have to learn. i`m sorry coz my english is very very bad  :oops: if i`m wrong in explaining, i`m sorry too :)

Like everyone said there should be a guide out shortly for ubuntu...  If you want to vmware your machine and not really dual boot per say.. this is the latest guide that we have..

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-15778

I would go with the hard dual boot.. just something that I am more fond of instead of having 2 virtural computer running different OS'es