PDA For Uni Student

Danny_Boy_69

Ok i start university in september... and i love technology i am thinking about buying a PDA there not that expensive but i was wondering can your create and edit documents or just view them...

What other advantages would i get from having one as a uni student.

Whats better PALM or Windows

Thanks Guys

DannyBoy

fuggedaboudit

add a few hundred clams to the price of the pda and get a cheap laptop. much more grunt than the pda, a real keyboard and mouse for working with documents and decent storage capacity. with a pda you will need a desktop as a base. and look at the screen of a digital camera. do you want to create/edit documents on something that size?

i know a lot of people say get a laptop... but there a little to expensive and yea im a student so cheaper is best...... that and when i get into my lectures it wont be any different from a PDA cos i wont be able to type as fast as someone speaks..... thats and on the train to uni i cant really just get my laptop out its only a 20 min journey so by the time i got it out and set it up it will be time to pack it up again...... and when i get home i got this desktop machine......

PDA i could record my lectures...... or there is a PDA from O2 called O2 XDA EXEC which has a keyboard as well

What you guys think.....

DannyBoy

Just curious, isn't there a way to record over a laptop?

Some program or something.

ya there is, But dont you think it would be kind of awkward to be in a lecture where your not aloud to record (want to anyway) And there is a microphone on the top of your laptop :S

i know a lot of people say get a laptop... but there a little to expensive and yea im a student so cheaper is best...... that and when i get into my lectures it wont be any different from a PDA cos i wont be able to type as fast as someone speaks..... thats and on the train to uni i cant really just get my laptop out its only a 20 min journey so by the time i got it out and set it up it will be time to pack it up again...... and when i get home i got this desktop machine......

PDA i could record my lectures...... or there is a PDA from O2 called O2 XDA EXEC which has a keyboard as well

What you guys think.....

DannyBoy

Hi DannyBoy,

I have checked this out with a secretary that takes notes at biz. meetings,

sorry to say, you cant beat a note book(paper ) , pencil ,and  shorthand , it is still the fastest,  easiest way to go, technology just gets in the way,

Good luck at Uni