10+!!!

robtlawrence

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 10742 Kbps about 10.74 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1311 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/08/22 - 8:25pm

Bottom Line:: 187X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.78 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 9.273 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 215.85 % faster than the average for host (charter.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-05US9HM4A

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) [!]

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 2402 Kbps about 2.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 293 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/08/22 - 8:36pm

Bottom Line:: 42X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 3.49 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 10.204 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 130.3 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ESYVW31LN

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705) [!]

this will be tommie bfore long!

oh snap.. I hit 4000 posts finally.  Vanburen still has me beat by about 1900 posts :evil6:  -- also have to pass dlewis23, php and swimmer before I could even get close to Vanburen...... I'm not even going to try to catch up to any of them.  haha

this will be tommie bfore long!

Bad news deven, they said I had jumped the gun on my payment final. I guess I have to wait til January.  :tongue2:

But I have not checked with the daytime office yet.

I need to make a note of calloing them tomorrow.

Those are some nice speeds though.  :crybaby2:

I think the funny part is when someone at hughes askes why I am downgrading.  :laughing7:

Shit, if they only knew.  ;)

I can't imagine surfing that fast. Does anyone know if a computer will top out at some specific speed.

Well if you have Gigabit ethernet then it tops out at 1Gbps or 1000 Mbps or 122MB/s (that's megaBYTES/sec not bits ;-)) -- it's friggen fast.  But after about 8 Mbps you can't really tell the difference in normal surfing... only file transfers.  My 9Mbps/1Mbps connection is basically instant when surfing (depending on the site... like here at testmy.net the server responds so fast most of the time that transactions are basically instant, but some other servers.. like UK servers are noticeably slower).  It still depends on the website your visiting... but here at testmy.net I will serve ya as fast as you can take it :-P -- God I wish I had the connection my servers are hosted on at my house, that would ROCK!

... for instance, the front page here responds so fast that it load in.... "Page generated in 0.070336 seconds" -- 7/100th of a second isn't bad at all :-P -- you do get a little slow down when the server has to make more queries to the database, like in loading the page I'm typing in now "Page created in 0.12 seconds with 12 queries."  -- as long as it's under 1/2 second I would never notice :-P