Support for Windows XP Service Pack 1 Ends.

FiberOptic

Well you most probably know I had some viruses and trojans on my computer and was forced to reinstall xp! So I installed it today formatting all drives (thanx dlewis23).

It finished installing and then validated xp. then this icon came up....

see attached image... I never knew this was going to happen know.. i thought it was once vista was out...

but dont they offer it on cd for free. im sure i ordered one but just forgot where it is...

They did when it first came out.. that was when microsoft was really pushing it for business.

downloading sp2 on dialup is not a option. It would take way too long. but sp2 is far better then sp1.

I dont know..  There hasnt been that much improvement in SP2 for the power user.  I would much rather be allowed to patch my system as I see fit instead of having to download a sp to beable to run programs.. Creative requires it for almost all of their products.. and most of the new drivers for ATI require SP2..  But it is what it is..

Back when SP2 came out i still had dial up and i managed to download it, although it did take a long time.

You're a brave soul! I would not have even attempted it on dial-up. Took long enough with DSL.  :roll:

eh...im still on sp1 - and i will be for a long time - tough luck....i never dl a single update anyway....

lol, but if you switch off automatic updates it shouldnt hassle you.... the newer apps released by microsoft like defender and onecare will only install if you have sp2....

hahaha... i dont know if they will waste their time for another sp for xp...  Vista is currently top of the list.. and xp will just be patched..  Unless none of the major corperations buy into the vista experience.. kinda what happened with xp and 2000..  2000 has had like 5 SPs release due to the fact that a lot of companies are still running it as their workstation os.

hahaha... i dont know if they will waste their time for another sp for xp...  Vista is currently top of the list.. and xp will just be patched..  Unless none of the major corperations buy into the vista experience.. kinda what happened with xp and 2000..  2000 has had like 5 SPs release due to the fact that a lot of companies are still running it as their workstation os.

it wouldnt supprise me if that happened.