best speedtest

Guest willemijns

Guest willemijns

the DL test give me real result OK it seems it use

monothread i'm not agree with my method, my software is multithread and use best FTP servers to

detect speed

else upload test is bad, i have 512 Kbit/s not

358 Kbit/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/08/26 - 12:31am

Bottom Line:: 6X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 23.27 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 68.3856 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: 90% + Okay : running at 100 % of your hosts average (124.243)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-5XYPMAJVU

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6 [!]

Stop advertising, Why would we want to use your speed test when the TestMy.net one is perfect with a brilliant user interface.

:shrug:

I'm not real impressed, sorry.  If I wanted to test my speed against FTP servers I'd just download from a FTP server myself.

And your software isn't multithreaded either as you say it is...

If we really wanted to use an ftp server we would use a decent one like Microsoft, or What i use in the UK BlueYonderFTP.

Sorry for comming out harsh but thats the truth.

upload test is bad, i have 512 Kbit/s not

358 Kbit/s

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-5XYPMAJVU

That doesn't mean the upload test is bad.. it means your line isn't running at it's full speed.  Don't blame my test just because your line isn't to par ;-) ...  If everyones line always tested at their cap then there would be no reason for testing in the first place.  You would be better off putting your efforts into finding out why your line is running below your max speed instead of spending time criticizing something you don't understand.

One of the reasons your line may be running below your cap may be because you are far away from the server.  I read that you spoke French, are you in France?  If so then you may benefit from one of our 'world server' mirrors >> http://www.testmy.net/tools/mirrors.php#World-Servers

http://[this.site.contains.a.possible.security.threat]/speedtest

comments and suggestions here...

I'm removing your link.  The reason is because the "speed test" that you link on that page is an EXE, since we don't know if that exe is safe I will not allow my users to go it.  I disallow any links that are possible security threats, sorry.  I have no problem with you linking to resources that are useful to our users and guests, so if that's your website and if you convert this test into something safer (like a web application) I will have no problem removing the restriction I've put in place on that website.  :) - you may want to also use a domain name instead of just an IP address also, a simple IP raises flags and suspicion.

If you're outside of the US try one of the world servers and repost your score ;-)

-D

That doesn't mean the upload test is bad.. it means your line isn't running at it's full speed.  Don't blame my test just because your line isn't to par ;-) ...  If everyones line always tested at their cap then there would be no reason for testing in the first place.  You would be better off putting your efforts into finding out why your line is running below your max speed instead of spending time criticizing something you don't understand.

One of the reasons your line may be running below your cap may be because you are far away from the server.  I read that you spoke French, are you in France?  If so then you may benefit from one of our 'world server' mirrors >> http://www.testmy.net/tools/mirrors.php#World-Servers

I'm removing your link.  The reason is because the "speed test" that you link on that page is an EXE, since we don't know if that exe is safe I will not allow my users to go it.  I disallow any links that are possible security threats, sorry.  I have no problem with you linking to resources that are useful to our users and guests, so if you convert this test into something safer (like a web application) I will have no problem removing the restriction I've put in place on that website.  :)

If you're outside of the US try one of the world servers and repost your score ;-)

-D

Cable You tell him... lol@ what you done to the link!!! hehehe

Guest willemijns

:shrug:

I'm not real impressed, sorry.  If I wanted to test my speed against FTP servers I'd just download from a FTP server myself.

And your software isn't multithreaded either as you say it is...

false... please finish the test... i maintain my soft

is multithread (2 minutes only) but he waste his time durant to find best server in the world during 15 minutes... if anyone has been tested my soft, he can

send me debug.txt at [email address removed for this users safety] to only

use best FTP servers available all over the world

and reduce this 15 minutes to 2 or 3 minutes only

I'm removing your link. 

===> please delete my account, adieu

not a problem, if you'd like to delete your account please go into your profile and click "delete account" in the menu within the page to the left.

All I did was do what needs to be done to keep our users safe from threats.... and someone who nobody knows posting a link to a EXE is a threat. 

I've also removed your email address from your post above, this is to protect you... I advise not to post your email address in forums or anywhere publically viewable, unless you want to get a huge amount of spam (there are bots that search the internet for email addresses and then either sell the addys or spam you themselves).

In the future, when you sign up at a forum you may want to read the rules before posting.... it would avoid a headache like this in the future.  http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-13204

-D

he did do that, its just wating to be approved.

well, lol... I approved it just now.  I'm sorry, but people who are learning English come off as very weird sometimes.  It must be frustrating to learn our language.  I wish him luck, I just wish there was some way to get my point across as to why I do the things I do here.  It's not out of disrespect, quite the opposite actually... I did those things out of respect for our users and in the case of blocking his email it was done out of respect for him.  I have a responsibility, but if he wants to leave over a misunderstanding so be it... at least none of our users got a virus or Trojan. 

-D

What I was referring to, not to sound smart. Was the English language having so many dual and slang meanings.

How many ways are there to say one thing?

And how many slangs are there?

I always understood Spanish to actually be the easiest and simpliest. I just don't desire to change my language.

Just my thoughts.  :D