Satellite Modem SM 2000 versus Linksys Modem

tigetek

I had a satellite system installed last week by Wildblue and the individuals appears to be extremely limited in their knowledge of networking, in fact they were complete clueless.  First they arrived and installed the dish, and ran the cables into the building, and when they ask me where I wanted the sm-2000 modem set up, I stated that I would like it the same place as the dsl modem is set up, and was told no, we cannot do that.  Why I ask, and was told that they were instructed that they had to connect directly to a computer, and I said but I want it connected to my Linksys DEFSR41 v 2 router for network just like the dsl is now.  I was told they had not idea how to do that and I would have to get an IT representative to come and connect it up.  Since I had originally set up the network with dsl, I assumed that I could do the same with the satellite system, however I was sadly mistaken.  I have followed every suggestion given me by my friends, and IT buddies, and to no avail.  I presently have a satellite modem on one computer and the dsl on the router for the other two computers, which also can print while the computer on the satellite modem cannot.  I am not a pro by any means but am at a loss on this one.  I have tried everything I could think of, and have tried several methods suggested to me and still nothing.  I have worked all weekend on this and Monday is just around the corner and the office will be screwed up, especially the accounting area that has the satellite modem connected to their computer but no printer.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have the setup below for one of the computers on the dsl modem, but am unable to do the same for the satellite because I am unable to print it out. 

C:Windowssystem32cmd.exe

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

<C> copyright  1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:Documents and Settingsbj hicks> ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration:

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: tigetek-bj

Primary Dns suffix . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:

Node type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: Broadcast

IP Routing Enabled . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:Yes

WINS Proxy Enable . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  .:Yes

Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS suffix .  . .:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: NVIDIA nforce MCP Networking Adapter

Physical Address . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-50-8D-F5-F3-59

Dhcp Enabled . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:  No

I P Address . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.251

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 206.13.31.12

206.13.28.12

Any assistance is most appreciated.

:angry5:

I only wanted to increase my speed on the internet.  We are a furniture business that has about 75% of our sales initiated through the internet, and unfortunately we are located 1000 feet too far from a repeater station in Sacramento California to get the hi-speed DSL.  We up load at a mere 17kbps and down load at 37kbps and due to the fact that we utilize many photos on our web site with the constant need to add and remove them, we spend countless hours working with this slow speed.  We are with SBC/ATT, have 5 static ips and are generally happy witht the service, however when we moved into the building 5 years previously, they told us that the system would improve drastically in a year, and today nothing has been done and they cannot tell us when they will correct the situation.  I can always move but that is a major operation and one which I have been trying to avoid. Any suggestions on how to improve the service.  It appears that the satellite service is designed primarily for home use and no-one at Wildblue knows how to set up a router to work with the single ip system.  Irritating to say the least, but I am having my Admin call the satellite company this morning to get it out of here.  Thanks for the reply and thanks for the welcome. :(

Strange my admin assistant is on the phone with Wildblue at the moment and told the young lady she was working with that the system sucked because we could not work the entire office off it, and the young lady said yea, we know that and not understand why the installation company did not make you aware of that, and yes we understand and will pull it out and return your money.  Funny that they would waste all that time and manpower not counting the hours I spent trying to get the darned thing running, only to hear that they knew it would not work?  We are again looking in to cable (Comcast), and if that does not work, I guess I am stuck with moving.

thanks for the comments :D