Alt key & Number pad codes

cholla

I think we need this somewhere as a sticky.For now I'm going to post it in general.These are the codes that work for Windows ME.

So would someone with XP see if they work for them.Or post the codes that do work for XP.

If your posting & need one of these letters or symbols.Just hold down your Alt key while typing the code in the number pad.btw they won't work with the numbers at the top of the keyboard.

tommie;I'm going to put the location of the character mapin ME maybe you can use that to find it in XP.

First I had to turn mine on.To do that go to your control panel/ add/remove programs/windows setup/    highlight system tools then the detail button

in that area you should find the character map.In ME you check the box then OK then apply then OK.

Now it should be in the location reso posted.You have to be able to use the font that the character map is using to use the symbol it gives.I hadn't used it before & only played around a little with it.There may be a way to use it more direct .

Check these I still didn't find

To find it in XP go to start, accessories, then sys. tools and the character map is located there..  :)

List In Start:

My Documents

My Recent Documents

My Pictures

My Music

My Computer

My Network Places

Control Panel

Set Program Access and Defaults

Printers and Faxes

Help and Support

Search